GTR Forum banner

1 - 20 of 65 Posts

·
Registered
1,515 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
All the importers seem to be importing a lot of R32's at the moment.

Is it because they are the cheapest to buy in Japan and bring over or is demand here now so high? Or a combo of the two.

Just wondering as 33's used to be the most common.

What are Japanese prices for equivalent slightly modded 32's, 33's and 34's today? Be interesting to hear how they are viewed and priced there.

I would have thought the R32's would be rising alot as the older original RB GTR.

Also seems they are coming over with relatively low miles....

·
Registered
4,573 Posts
All the importers seem to be importing a lot of R32's at the moment.

Is it because they are the cheapest to buy in Japan and bring over or is demand here now so high? Or a combo of the two.

Just wondering as 33's used to be the most common.

What are Japanese prices for equivalent slightly modded 32's, 33's and 34's today? Be interesting to hear how they are viewed and priced there.

I would have thought the R32's would be rising alot as the older original RB GTR.

Also seems they are coming over with relatively low miles....
you made the correct decision :)
in a month or 2 it will show

·
Premium Member
8,019 Posts
Totally agree, 32's are the way to go.
They are also gonna be worth some serious money in the future.
To be honest that doesn't bother me.
I bought mine for fun and have already spent more on it than it'll ever be worth... :chuckle:

·
Registered
720 Posts
if your buying any gtr to have a high residual in the future,then i suggest you keep it standard and in immaculate condition,and then in 20 years time you will have a little gold mine.

simon

·
Registered
3,147 Posts
All the models are good, every one has different taste. I do like the 32's but always wanted a 33. The 32 is the rawest of all though I have to agree with that

·
Registered
1,515 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
I agree that the R32 will eventually be worrh something but as mentioned only if it is original, absolutely mint and has tons of history. Look at 240z's you can pick them up a decent one for 12-15k so not alot of money really. Then a mint original example will fetch £30k.
Also R34's should be in the same boat as the supposed pinnacle of the RB base.

I dont think they are good investment vehicles to be honest. Buy a 993 or 964 if you want an investment vehicle.

So what about in Japan? Any ideas on how they are priced and how the pricing is moving today?

·
Registered
25,655 Posts
32 prices in Japan are on way up

We have more customers than cars available at the moment

Also you need to decide what type of 32s you mean

·
Registered
9,654 Posts
I thought it was just because R32's are the best. :)
Exactly ... none of this fancy technology which makes a crap driver think they are even remotely talented in the smallest way :chuckle: :popcorn:

·
Registered
1,515 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
32 prices in Japan are on way up

We have more customers than cars available at the moment

Also you need to decide what type of 32s you mean
I mean the R32's that are coming over that look quite tired yet have say 70,000 km on.
Dont the Japanese drive alot?
Thought they must be quite cheap over there for people to turn a profit on said cars.

I think if I was looking for a minter I'd be speaking to Miguel.

·
Following EJH#25
6,841 Posts
Mileage 'correction' can't be happening in Japan can it Mel, surely the most honourable of nations wouldn't be that dishonourable to make a profit??? lol ;)

·
Registered
1,515 Posts
Discussion Starter #17
Mileage 'correction' can't be happening in Japan can it Mel, surely the most honourable of nations wouldn't be that dishonourable to make a profit??? lol ;)
Interesting.

I guess everyones in it to win it and everyone draws the line somewhere or perhaps not at all.

Its funny that after all these years of imports and the knowldge that Japan supposedly has stringent MOT style regulations that there isn't an accesible record of mileage.

Anyway thats slightly off topic. Just seems to be at least 5+ r32's coming over per month. Selling cheap too

·
Registered
1,515 Posts
Discussion Starter #18
Also because of the opening in the US market? could see 32 prices rising and increase in imports?
Get that, but no point bringing cars here to sell over there. Alot easier without the middle land!

·
Registered
4,573 Posts
Is clocking really that easy though ? who does it ? it's not like you can advertise it is it. Maybe dodgy car dealerships can but if there is plenty of history with a car you should be ok

or is there something I don't know ?

·
Registered
439 Posts
Is clocking really that easy though ? who does it ? it's not like you can advertise it is it. Maybe dodgy car dealerships can but if there is plenty of history with a car you should be ok

or is there something I don't know ?
I think it's very very very easy. Just think about it, You can take out the speedo cluster within 15 minutes if You know what You're doing. And then it's very easy.

I'm not sure how easy it is to trace back the history in Japan, however few months back somebody posted a link in facebook which lead to a company that could apparently check the history of the car prior to shipping.
Would have done it for my car but I lost the link and haven't found it yet!

Cheers!

1 - 20 of 65 Posts