GTR Forum banner

61 - 80 of 82 Posts

·
Registered
876 Posts
Continuing on from the big powered GTR thread seem like certain individuals such as Vernon in particular on that thread have also appeared on here trying to justify the constant need to seek attention through showing people how great he is and how he wants to be better than everyone else. Self proclaimed fastest Atom driver in the world lol. Big egos, need for constant praises, drawing attention to oneself and saying look how great I am.

Kim Kardashian eat your heart out! :D
you sound very green-eyed

Vernon is just very enthusiastic about GTR's, atoms, racing and cars in general, he is the same on the phone and the same in person, he doesn't come across as bragging to me, he is just very open and excited about his hobbies/passion.

·
Registered
4,573 Posts
Continuing on from the big powered GTR thread seem like certain individuals such as Vernon in particular on that thread have also appeared on here trying to justify the constant need to seek attention through showing people how great he is and how he wants to be better than everyone else. Self proclaimed fastest Atom driver in the world lol. Big egos, need for constant praises, drawing attention to oneself and saying look how great I am.

Kim Kardashian eat your heart out! :D
this is a car forum for car people. Most on here enjoy reading our fellow enthusiasts claims to fame etc especially when those people have genuine friends on this forum

·
Registered
2,730 Posts
I just bought disks and pads for all four corners of my IX35 for £140.44!
Fitted in 2 hours, saved a fortune. Despite needing to disconnect the rear struts to get at the caliper mounting bolts.

Am I bragging? Damn right. I love saving money. :chuckle:

·
Registered
143 Posts
I honestly like to see those with money buying the fancy stuff, it lets you know what you could do even if you cant do it yourself, but it also helps you avoid over priced rubbish that has a huge price tag that did nothing to benefit the car.

That fancy stuff sometimes comes onto the second hand market, and maybe one day the Mrs will let me buy said fancy stuff....

But honestly who cares if its willy swinging, as long as they don't actually swing it in front of you whilst making eye contact, its all good : )

·
Registered
1,049 Posts
Depends, I have been accused of bragging of stuff or experiences before from just talking about it.

SOme people are just jealous and don't like to see others have nice things or have experiences in life beyond what they have and deal with it in different way. Even accusing them of bragging.

my first job I was surrounded by young millionaires, so it became hard for me to be impressed by pretty much anyone from a material POV.

If someone posts a really nice car or something I don't get jealous, I just wish I had the money to do the same and use it as motivation to keep working towards my goals.

I suggest everyone else does the same.

The only people who think money or possessions makes someone better than someone are those who have never had much and have lost their way.

Didn't you guys ever see Indecent Proposal?

·
Registered
511 Posts
I personally don't think there is such a thing is "bragging"
It depends on how other takes it.

When I first finish off my wide body R32 back in 2007, I think quite a fair feel thought I was "bragging".
That was never my intention, it was just something I decided to do out of the box and some people love it and other hate it.
I didn't really care either way, because it was my car and I like it the way it was.
But the goal was to share my work with others on the forum who have similar interests.

Jerrick

·
Registered
897 Posts
you sound very green-eyed

Vernon is just very enthusiastic about GTR's, atoms, racing and cars in general, he is the same on the phone and the same in person, he doesn't come across as bragging to me, he is just very open and excited about his hobbies/passion.
Envious of what? I am happy and satisfied what I have been given and I feel blessed. I do not need to blow my own trumpet. Thank you very much :wavey:

·
Premium Member
2,863 Posts
That's why I don't go on Facebook etc it's just mainly people tring to compete and show off. I don't really see why. Who gives a toss?, and why should overs give a toss about if I'm having a better time than them. Surely people should be concerntrating their time efforts on making the most of what they have. Yes it's nice to learn that people you haven't spoken to in the real world for years are doing well, but don't keep on about it please!
In short I think you should enjoy what you have, and be happy for others doing the same.

·
Registered
6,759 Posts
People can brag about the money they spend on here, it's not even scratching the surface of what I see on a daily basis.

Mind you, I am very poor in comparison - as long as I have my health, wealth means nothing.

Happiness and health over wealth.

·
Registered
2,696 Posts
Two things sure in life, 1) you going to die at some point and 2) someone will always have more money than you.

The small sums we spend in our project threads are tiny compared compared to some Project threads out there. Take this chaps boat build thread, he spent £3M on a weekend toy where options list include stuff like stabiliser fins for circa £100K. He recently retrofitted hard top, circa £150K.

He's the boating equivalent of Adam because it's his second one in as many years.

Boat in build pics (2013 Fairline Squadron 78))

Good luck to him, whatever he does in business he must do it well (unless he's a banker, lol).

So next time someone posts they've spent £10K on brakes, £25K on an engine, or £5K protecting their car with cling film, bear in mind that in grand scheme of things it's not a lot of money compared to what some people spend.

Try and take a positive and be inspired by the people that are more wealthy than you. Don't sulk.

Anders

61 - 80 of 82 Posts