GTR Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
1,757 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Well it is late but I have been chucklin all day about ruperts car.
Very rarely am I left speechlees, wide eyed and red faced.
Today was funny but frigtening!!
cheers mr R for the run and astounded at the grip that car has even in the wet.
But the noise, oh the noise. **** me sideways and call me george.
We whooped, chuckled, whistled, crackled, whizzed and flew down the A23. What a sick noise and I just cannot begin to put into words.
I staggered out of that nut machine to then start on the expletives.
I have never heard or seen anything like it!! Shit cakes!
And that was 1.6 bar. on to 1.8!! christ!

NLW

·
Registered
312 Posts
Excellent!

Nick,

I chuckled myself at your reaction!! now you have experienced a 600+ Monster...
The only trouble is that the first time you do C*ck your pants quite literally!!:eek:
But after a couple more times you get used to it and want more!!

Wish i had been there with a video camera!!;)

Stu

·
Registered
492 Posts
Glad you enjoyed it!

Nick,

I'm so glad that it lived up to your expectations. It is very difficult to put into words more than four letters long exactly the experience when she picks up her skirt and really goes for it!!

I do think though that the metallic screaming noise experienced is unique to large single blowers. When been in high power twins, the noise is completely different - probably has something to do with the large single waistgate just next to the bulkhead going off like a boiling kettle!

Anyway - glad you enjoyed it.

Rupert

·
Registered
1,757 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
the noise made it for me Ru.

just an unreal sound and it just makes you panic when you are in the car but also when you hear it coming down the road. It sounds like a tornado jet fighter.
It did more than live up to expectations. it blew all known limits. I have to say I had NO idea what it would be like so that was what made it so special. My car felt like a snail on the way home!!
I still can't believe the combintation of noise, traction, torque, power, panic, grabbing for things that weren't there, the look on our faces and whatever else was going on. the so called "Lag" legend just was not there and it just WENT.

As for high power twins I thought Henry's was VERY impressive on the way down but just did not have that noise. He was really moving in a very short distance and time frame.

All I can say is well done to you both for persevering and porducing some truly wicked cars.

NLW.

·
Registered
666 Posts
Having been in Henry's car on Satuirday, I would have to say it is a stealth rocket. No boom no racket just wooooosh.

All things are a compromise, Henry could have an undriveable 700+bhp monster, instead he has an excellent blend of grace with pace he must have the quietest quick Skyline on the board bar none.

And I do mean QUICK

1 - 5 of 5 Posts