GTR Forum banner

1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Premium Member
5,774 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Brought myself a Wideband lambda sensor, where is the best location to put it? I have a boss in the decat but not sure if that is too far back?

·
Registered
1,150 Posts
That's where I fitted mine and it's been fine. Most tuners tune from the tailpipe just remember the further back the sensor it will show leaner than the engine actually is

·
Registered
427 Posts
On AEM wideband manual it says to install from 18 inch to 36 inch away from turbo outlet. Anything closer will be too hot for the sensor and will shorten its life.

·
Registered
1,925 Posts
Decat is fine, my AEM reads exactly the same as the silly priced autronic one and also the same as the one they use on the dyno dynamics rollers near me...just has a bit of a delay when they put it in the tailpipe

3,663 Posts
That's where I fitted mine and it's been fine. Most tuners tune from the tailpipe just remember the further back the sensor it will show leaner than the engine actually is

It wont read any different at the tail pipe as long as the sniffer is far enough in so the 5 wire lambda sensor can sniff the fresh air that can get sucked in around the edge of the exhaust at low gas speed. but it will read slower than a Wideband fitted in the de-cat or further forward; Any Low speed low throttle work requires the 5 wire sensor I feel to be in the decat or downpipe for accurate readings.

Most tuners also use a £3k wideband, I'm presuming this one isn't.
Wouldn't say you need to spend 3k wideband, our Dynapack uses 2 Motec PLM,s , I am sure the Dyno Dynamic rollers use some similar , but any 5 wire lambda will read pretty accurate.

·
Premium Member
5,774 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
well it should be here today so the only other question is which gauge to drop in order to fit it, I am thinking the voltmeter is the least important (other options being boost, oil temp, water temp and EGT)

3,663 Posts
AFR,EGT and Oil pressure and as the stock water temp senders are rubbish I would add a water temp gauge as well.

·
Premium Member
5,774 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
well it arrived today - chuff me there is a lot to go with it, not sure where I will find space to put it all!

1 - 15 of 15 Posts