1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
1,133 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Anyone know a firm who will widen a set of wheels. I found this firm

http://www.weldcraftwheels.com

in the US but wonder whether anyone does this locally

I want to add an extra 2 inches to an otherwise stock 19x9 wheel. Non Skyline application...

·
Registered
2,038 Posts
I looked into this briefly a while ago - your best bet (if they're steel) is probably the old VW crowd. I would rather have the centres welded onto new rims in any case - I've never heard of anyone doing alloys in the UK.

Banded wheels have a bad reputation over here (although I don't think they're actually illegal as is often claimed).

Phil

·
Registered
341 Posts
Gez said:
Sean,

Where did you get the H&S Spacers from?

Regards

Gerry
my local motor factors out here in germany. do a search on net for H&S, shouldnt be hard to find a supplier. i think steve at RB motorsport may be able to get em as well

·
Registered
1,568 Posts
Harry, years ago a friend had some widened for a group n rally car, can't remeber the name of the company, but i will have a think.

Personally i wouldn't use this method myself, the wheels were very week afterwards due to losing the correct state of heat treatment through the heating/cooling of the welding and the actual weld itself.. That is assuming the wheels are for some form of motorsport use, not looking pimp cruising past the Miccy D's on a set of 17 x17's!!!!!!!!!1

·
Registered
1,133 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Thanks Cord, ideally I'd get a set made up to suit, but figured this might be cheaper. Assuming it would be strong enough for motorsport use as you say.

Cord said:
Harry, years ago a friend had some widened for a group n rally car, can't remeber the name of the company, but i will have a think.

Personally i wouldn't use this method myself, the wheels were very week afterwards due to losing the correct state of heat treatment through the heating/cooling of the welding and the actual weld itself.. That is assuming the wheels are for some form of motorsport use, not looking pimp cruising past the Miccy D's on a set of 17 x17's!!!!!!!!!1

1 - 8 of 8 Posts