GTR Forum banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
1,443 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I was thinking because Iam selling my rims off my R32 GTR on next monday and Im buying new ones sometimes on next few days and I found new rims that I was thinking about if that would be ok to have wider rims on rear on R32 GTR
the front rims are 18x8 and the rear rims are 18x9
and is this offset ok for R32 GTR (BNR32)
Wheel Specs:

* Front Size: 18" x 8.0"
* Rear Size: 18" x 9.0"
* Pattern: 5x114.3
* Lip Size: 2-1/2"
* Lip Size: 2-3/4"
* Offset: +38
* Color: Black Gloss

·
Registered
2,104 Posts
I think it would make it difficult to match the front and rear tire size and you would end up with issues.

·
Registered
1,443 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
yeh I´ll ask if I can have them in same size all four. this is a company which is selling these wheels so it must be an option.

I know 4wd cars cant have wheels with different sizes but I wasnt sure about the GTR as it uses RWD in normal driving and 4wd when it needs it.

·
Registered
1,443 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Ok,thank you.
I have sent him mail and asked him if I can get them all in same size..

but which one should I take?
is 9" to wide for R32GTR or should I take 8"?

·
Registered
1,179 Posts
9" is absolutely fine. I, (and a lot of others), run 9.5" rims, and I think I've seen a few with 10", but not many.

Be aware that the offset affects this though, +38, (on a 9", and more so with an 8") as per the spec is a bit 'sticky inny'. My 9.5" rims are a +22 offset. You should be fine, but see if you can get a slightly lower offset to stop them getting lost under the arches, and possibly fouling the suspension, (unlikely).

I'd definitley get the same size all round though. Technically the rims and tyres don't need to be the same width particularly, its the rolling radius, (circumference), that's important, which is a function of the diameter, width and aspect ratio. If this is different front to rear you stand a good chance of wearing the transfer box at an accelerated rate.

I'd recommend making it easy for yourself and getting the same sizes at all four corners.

·
Registered
1,443 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Im do not know much about offset...maybe someone can inspire me about that?

is +22 wider than +38?

·
Registered
1,367 Posts
I run 17"x 9.5" all round on an R32GTR, but i can't confirm the offset... soz.

·
Registered
4,146 Posts
Dohc said:
Im do not know much about offset...maybe someone can inspire me about that?

is +22 wider than +38?
+22 will stick out 16mm more than +38 if the rims are the same width.

Offset 0 is where the face of the hub is exactly in the middle of the wheel.

You definitely want 9" at least imho, then you can get nice fat tyres for lots of grip. The last thing you want with 450bhp (in my case) is skinny tyres!!

1 - 10 of 10 Posts