GTR Forum banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
160 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi All,

Can you tell me how wide a GT-R 35 is with the Mirrors folded in?
My garage door opening is 2m 16 cm though much bigger on the inside and i am wondering if the car will fit through the hole as it were!

I cant try the car itself as i am offshore just now :nervous: and i am keen to put a deposit on a very nice 35 here in scotland :thumbsup:

HELP!!!!

·
Registered
171 Posts
It's 1895mm wide with mirrors in, and 1981mm with them out.

I had a similar problem before I got mine, and ended up getting a new garage door installed the week before it arrived! I was a bit concerned that if the door was so narrow I was going to have to fold the mirrors in just to make the car fit then I'd be playing with only 3-4cm on each side - I have to reverse round a corner into my garage, and though I'd love to think that I'm good enough to be that accurate every time I figured over a few years use I'd have been bound to scrape something at some point...:bawling:

·
Registered
160 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Cool

Thanks WooHoo,

I was worried :nervous: fortunatly its a straight reverse into my garage and once though the door frame as it were i am in a triangular garage as its on the corner! i was just a "Bit" worried that i would have to leave the car outside, its a very nice quite bit i live in but i am offshore 9 months a year so in the estate would be a no no :bawling:

I had a similar problem before I got mine, and ended up getting a new garage door installed the week before it arrived! I was a bit concerned that if the door was so narrow I was going to have to fold the mirrors in just to make the car fit then I'd be playing with only 3-4cm on each side - I have to reverse round a corner into my garage, and though I'd love to think that I'm good enough to be that accurate every time I figured over a few years use I'd have been bound to scrape something at some point...:bawling:

·
Premium Member
5,040 Posts

Interesting figures, thanks. :thumbsup:

The thing to watch out for is that although the mirrors are the widest point, it is only by 1.7 inches on each side. The rear wings are the next widest and the widest point is not visible in the door mirrors. Very easy to catch them, e.g. when going through a 6' 6" width limit, which I do not recommend...

·
Registered
91 Posts
Thanks WooHoo,

I was worried :nervous: fortunatly its a straight reverse into my garage and once though the door frame as it were i am in a triangular garage as its on the corner! i was just a "Bit" worried that i would have to leave the car outside, its a very nice quite bit i live in but i am offshore 9 months a year so in the estate would be a no no :bawling:
intresting,

your away so much of the year and your spending so much on a car,

im in the same boat,im away for 8 months of the year,still trying to justify it to myself..how did you manage??:thumbsup: and also fretting about finding a garage wide enough!

good luck!

·
Registered
160 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Well.......

Well i dont smoke you see and the cash i save can get spent on my passion, cars!

And to add insult to injury i dont use the car for running about in when home, its just for high days and holidays, Blasts up the north A9/ West at 5am on a summers morning are my thing, NOT that i would speed you understand as that would be Naughty :chairshot:chairshot

intresting,

your away so much of the year and your spending so much on a car,

im in the same boat,im away for 8 months of the year,still trying to justify it to myself..how did you manage??:thumbsup: and also fretting about finding a garage wide enough!

good luck!

·
Registered
91 Posts
fond memories of the A9 from my evo days,i used to work in arbroath,

if you dont mind me asking is the GTR in a dealer in aberdeen?

cheers.

·
Registered
2,696 Posts

The thing to watch out for is that although the mirrors are the widest point, it is only by 1.7 inches on each side. The rear wings are the next widest and the widest point is not visible in the door mirrors. Very easy to catch them, e.g. when going through a 6' 6" width limit, which I do not recommend...
Gone through two 6' 6" width limits, not a nice experience!

·
Registered
60 Posts
Garage width

Hhmmmmmm I'm in the process of buying a GTR, one of the sticking points was "would it fit in the garage".

My Evo goes through the door with the mirrors out and a small bit to play with, but the GTR is slightly wider.

Hopefully it won't be too much of a squeeze otherwise I may have to change the door.

·
Registered
342 Posts
Reviving an old thread, but just been going through the same thing.

Relocated from Australia a few weeks back and just can't believe how narrow garage doors are over here.

GF hasn't appreciated my #1 criteria for house hunting has been garage door width ...

·
Registered
419 Posts
my prob was was depth only got an inch to spare at the back so my answer was to reverse in.
even tho i have park sensors have to get so close to the wall at the back its impossible to judge so got car in garage marked floor behind tyre
and screwed a piece of 4" by 4" wood to the floor then another piece of 4" by 4" to the top of that so when car tyre stops against wood im in,:)

1 - 13 of 13 Posts