GTR Forum banner

61 - 80 of 84 Posts

·
Registered
363 Posts
Berry's old 32R with -5s made 584kW atw.......................... on race juice :p
no it didn't :chairshot

anyone who honestly believe's that should have their username revoked and be banned for life.

ive made 2530 read 807hp on the dyno before too...toying with the inlet temp probe.

im talking competition dyno conditions only. We hear about these 1000hp monsters all the time only to see them crack 600 at comps.

·
Registered
1,534 Posts
no it didn't :chairshot

anyone who honestly believe's that should have their username revoked and be banned for life.

ive made 2530 read 807hp on the dyno before too...toying with the inlet temp probe.

im talking competition dyno conditions only. We hear about these 1000hp monsters all the time only to see them crack 600 at comps.
Well it would of been 5-10 degree intake temps, so I'd take it with a pinch of salt.
But didn't that same circuit orientated setup with -5s beat your best time with its drag orientated setup when it had GT-RS?

That sounds like it backed up power claims with the time to me :p

·
Registered
363 Posts
Well it would of been 5-10 degree intake temps, so I'd take it with a pinch of salt.
But didn't that same circuit orientated setup with -5s beat your best time with its drag orientated setup when it had GT-RS?

That sounds like it backed up power claims with the time to me :p
even Mark scoffed at the rediculous figure the car seemed to make in Japan.

straight cut dogbox flatshifted vs synchro box being clutched and also they had about 200kg less to cart...id say the extra 6 mph was more to do with those things and the fact i was only running 25psi than the superiority of the turbo's.

·
Registered
771 Posts
Discussion Starter #65
even Mark scoffed at the rediculous figure the car seemed to make in Japan.

straight cut dogbox flatshifted vs synchro box being clutched and also they had about 200kg less to cart...id say the extra 6 mph was more to do with those things and the fact i was only running 25psi than the superiority of the turbo's.
ive heard about those dyno's in japan, they notoriously read 'very high' power figures :chuckle:

a lot of time would be lost with a dogbox v's synchro box + 200kg weight
paul, u should have let stacey run it for your best ET hihihi

·
Registered
771 Posts
Discussion Starter #67
How many record holding GTRs run HKS turbos?
Fastest outright drag GTR = Garrett
Highest power RB = Garrett
Fastest 2.6litre drag GTR = Garrett
Fastest time attack [email protected] = IHI/PE
Fastest full street GTR = Garrett
Fastest low mount GTR = Garrett
Am I missing any?
good post, cold hard facts

·
Registered
1,534 Posts
I find that impossble to believe.
In fact
BULL
SHIT
942hp at the engine ....C'mon
Haha... I only mentioned it to stir Paul :p

But it did pull that on a dyno, but as Paul said, it was a happy jap dyno, temp was probably 10 degrees at most, and it was running race juice.

It did pull a lowish 9 1/4 mile in circuit trim with this very combo... although more so down to the ~1350kg weight and dogbox.

You can plug up the steam coming out your ears now Glenn :p

ps. this is the clip (~4:00) :chuckle:
YouTube - Tsukuba Super Battle - Day 1

·
Registered
1,534 Posts
Im sure it had modified -10s or something when it ran a 9 ..??
Nope. IIRC it was part of a targa event.
Can you imagine waiting for -10s to come on boost on a 2.6L for tight motorkhana work, which they often claim the title for?

For reference, they made 427kW on basically the same setup on 30-40 degree heat on an Aussie based dyno

·
Registered
2,462 Posts
OK I did some snooping, for the 9.7s run and all the other "later" achievements it was running modified GT2860R-5s. The modification wasn't high flowing or any such thing, they were rebuilt to use steel bearing cages, as opposed to any fancy high flowing. So the only modification was for durability, not that I know of anyone having issues with the plastic bearing cages failing but this isn't just a superlap etc car so probably worthwhile preventative thing - its definitely not going to change performance though.

·
Registered
794 Posts
OK I did some snooping, for the 9.7s run and all the other "later" achievements it was running modified GT2860R-5s. The modification wasn't high flowing or any such thing, they were rebuilt to use steel bearing cages, as opposed to any fancy high flowing. So the only modification was for durability, not that I know of anyone having issues with the plastic bearing cages failing but this isn't just a superlap etc car so probably worthwhile preventative thing - its definitely not going to change performance though.
This is interesint info! Do u know how much boost they ran on the 5s?

61 - 80 of 84 Posts