GTR Forum banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Premium Member
162 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi all,

I need to transport a spare GTR tyre back from the tyre garage in the boot of the GTR.

I have measured the opening and boot, and in theory it should fit.

In practice, has anybody done this that can confirm one way or other whether it will fit or not?

The tyre garage is 1hr drive, so I don't want a wasted journey if I get there and find it won't fit in the boot :runaway:

Many thanks!

Ben.

·
Registered
358 Posts
...not tried it but I would say it would fit with plenty of room to spare. One chap got a Christmas tree in his!

·
Premium Member
7,635 Posts
Not tried it myself, but my guess is that the volume of the boot is fine, but the lip front and rear will stop you getting it in.

Better option is take a decent towel or sheet and a bin bag.

Wrap the tyre in the towel/sheet and put it in the binbag. Then put it on the back seat.

·
Premium Member
162 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Not tried it myself, but my guess is that the volume of the boot is fine, but the lip front and rear will stop you getting it in.

Better option is take a decent towel or sheet and a bin bag.

Wrap the tyre in the towel/sheet and put it in the binbag. Then put it on the back seat.

Agreed, my concern is whether I would clear the boot opening rather than the actual space inside.

Good idea on the back seat - will give that a go.

Many thanks all!

Ben.

·
Premium Member
7,635 Posts
sounds like the next topic in your 'step by step instruction' series :p
LOL Ed!

I was going to do one for my in car camera setup I've installed for trackdays and the like.

Seeing your Vbox Lite got me wondering so I rigged mine up for around £250. No GPS but decent quality at 720 x 576 (25fps).

I'm gonna do some test runs this week and post up a review of the system as it seems a decent cheap way of getting some track vids.

·
Registered
522 Posts
You can fit a tyre in the boot but only the one. I made the mistake of ordering new tyres to work and had to drive 40 miles home with 3 of them strapped in like people and sitting closer to the steering wheel than my Gran!

·
Premium Member
5,031 Posts
Yup, one will fit in the boot. I kept my rear Dunlops when my fronts wore out their shoulders and one fitted in the boot no problem with the other one wrapped in the rear seat (or was it the front? Can't remember).

·
Premium Member
8,829 Posts
Front or rear tyre ????

·
Premium Member
162 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
Front or rear tyre ????
Good point.... rear.

Yup, one will fit in the boot. I kept my rear Dunlops when my fronts wore out their shoulders and one fitted in the boot no problem with the other one wrapped in the rear seat (or was it the front? Can't remember).
Excellent, thanks for that David. I only need to transport the one, so that is perfect,

Many thanks again to all.

Ben.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts