GTR Forum banner
1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
6,560 Posts
If it is 9 1/2inch and has 9 bolts and 3 dowels holding the cover on then it will fit RB20det or RB26dett.

·
Registered
1,341 Posts
if you still unsure, see scotty at japanimportcar.com, he got me mine, was an exceedy racing clutch only £300. good for the power too, was stronger than the one i got for my r33 gts (although same fitment) so would make sure its strong enough.

·
Registered
412 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
thanks mava, mark prior said to ring scotty too, the one i was looking at on ebay was just a bog standard nissan one, mine is almost burnt out now so thought if it was cheap enough id use it just till i can get a decent one, il give scotty a ring in the next few weeks (when i have some more money) and see if he can help me out.

·
Registered
1,341 Posts
would be better to get decent one first off, certianly wouldnt want to take my bloody gearbox out again, no thanks!, still got the cuts lol.dont think a standard one would last 5mins in urs either, mine was only standard and not even stage one and was totaly donald ducked!.

·
Registered
412 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
ive just been given a hks triple plate clutch for free off a guy on here (CRM) it needs a rebuild kit tho but he says they only cost about £350 so it looks like im fitting that now

·
Registered
1,341 Posts
nice one!. not sure about how to tell with push or pull type, think its the way the cylinder is bolted to the box. push type the piston pushes to back of car and pull type it pushes to the front of the car.

·
Registered
1,341 Posts
clutch itself wernt that bad, would invest in clutch alignment tool though only bout tenner, the hard part was removing and replacing the gearbox it weighs a mega amount!. just drove onto ramps (actually jacked it up the put ramps under as too low to get up!) then used jack to remove box. top 2 bolts are twats and need about 3ft of extentsion bars to get to them. the ratchet bit would be where the rear prop bolts on then extensions all the way to the front of the box! starter is a bit awkward to. give yourself 2 days and you should be ok, would be better if you had two people though. also dont forget all the fluids you will need, gearbox, transfer box, 4wd actuator sure it gear oil for box, auto trans fluid for transfer and power steering for actuator. scotty at hexham i think will do it but he isnt very keen at all! had it to a couple of garages that said no so just bit the bullet and did it. the way i see it, if someone can do it i can although it may take longer it aint impossible (theory worked ok so far lol)

·
Registered
412 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
i bought a nismo clutch from scotty yesterday for £100 (looks nearly new) as apparently the hks triple is a push type and i needed a pull type, ive got someone to fit it for £140 (plus oil costs) so at that price theres not a chance im going to do it myself.

1 - 13 of 13 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.