GTR Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
1,717 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I was told today that if I run at Santa Pod that I will need a special license, so what I need to know is this true about the road courses in England like Bentwaters? Thanks for any help.

·
Registered
1,717 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Hi Rich,

It and I should be in country at the begining of May, but since I will need a full UK license it looks like I will need one of you good fellows to race my car. Anybody that would like to take my YANK TANK around the race track let me know, I would be more than happy to hand over the keys. She only has 400hp to the wheels, I know its a little low on power considering I see most of your GTRs there are in the 500-650 range, but she does handle fairly well.

Tony

·
Registered
865 Posts
LMAO A little low on power @400bhp, Tony its more than enough I'd say and looking from the specs u showed me last time its more than quick enough.

I'd love to race it around a track as I'm sure anyone on here would love to see how are cousins so to speak do it on the other side of the world:D

I thought getting a licence would be easy as u have a full licence fron the US, always thought u could just transfer over?

·
Registered
1,717 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
It would be cool to run her around my old base. As for the license we do get one, but its not a normal UK license. I think they're called 3rd Air Force license and I am not sure if the road course circuits will take them.

If I can't, you can:)

·
Registered
865 Posts
I think it works as long as you have a full driving licence at Santa Pod say you are ok regardless of country as there is the odd person not from the UK there.

Failing that u know where I am m8:D

1 - 8 of 8 Posts