GTR Forum banner

1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
264 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hello guys,

just a question as you can read here on the last site hockey boy had problems with fitting N1 Calipers and discs to his R32 GT-R. I think you have to weld a mounting bracket like shown here with the 350Z version.

The normal R34 GT-R (non v-spec / N1) version calipers will fit straight i heard.

So anyone fitted rears R34 GT-R's N1 calipers and discs without a problem on a R32 ?

I would be very thankful for replys :thumbsup:

·
Registered
1,350 Posts
unless you fit some sort of bracket there is no chance of making these fit as the hole centers are different also if you could make a bracket who would certify the bracket 100% if any thing happenend.

the rears only do around 25% of the braking if i am correct so shouldnt be a major issue unless you are wanting a matching set

i have sent the rear calipers to abbey so will post you a reply once i know what mark has to say.

after looking at the pics i wouldnt have a problem if the person who was doing that mod would accept responsibility 100% if anything happenened ie braek on weld.
how ever i have asked a tuner in japan at the auto salon and his answer was he wouldnt make that mod and certify it...........................

·
Registered
264 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Can someone please confirm that the rear calipers and discs from any year made R34 GT-R (Non v-spec/M-spec/N1) will fit the R32.

3,665 Posts
Shane,

sorry I havent spoke to you , but the Gold brembo kit you have , you fitted the Front ki to you 32 but the rear kit would not fit , that is because they are from a 350Z... The front kit will fit if you use the disc and caliper ( the offset is different bet350Z and GTR discs) the rear will not fit because 1, the offset is different and 2, the caliper mounting spacing is complete different.

34 N1 rear brakes ar ethe same Dia as 350rear brakes but the caliper sare special for the bigger Dia of the N1 rotors.

Standard rear calipers and discs from an R34 GTR will fit an R32 GTR. There you are
To make them fit you either have to fit a 33/34 brake back plate or trim the 32 back plate , then a bolt on job.

hope this all helps.

Mark

·
Registered
73 Posts
anyone know of a bracket (dogbone) that can fit a R33/R34 GTR rear brembo caliper (std diameter 320x22) with a 322x22mm rear 350z rotor?

1 - 14 of 14 Posts