GTR Forum banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
24 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
as above. was thinking of buying an engine and box from a 33 gts 2.5, and i was wondering will it just bolt straight into my 2.0 gtst.

many thanks everyone.

·
Registered
6,560 Posts
The engine will bolt straight in but you still need to do wiring mods and a couple of hoses etc, not a big job though.

·
Registered
24 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
thanks for the replys, i thought it would bolt straight up as im sure there the same blocks, its just the rb30 that needs work.

and yes, ive also heard the rb25 gearbox is stronger. in j-tuner that awesome 33 gtst is still running a standard gearbox with a 1000bhp. how long that will last is another thing...:)

·
Registered
816 Posts
R32-ash said:
and yes, ive also heard the rb25 gearbox is stronger. in j-tuner that awesome 33 gtst is still running a standard gearbox with a 1000bhp. how long that will last is another thing...:)
Not anymore he isn't. Went bang a few weeks back, no surprise really but a comendable effort by the box for holding together for so long. :D

·
Registered
2,076 Posts
I know it's an old thread, but thats what the search button is for! ;)

The engine will bolt straight in but you still need to do wiring mods and a couple of hoses etc, not a big job though.
Whats involved in the swap, I know the speedo is different, (Rb20 is mechanical, RB25 is electric), how do you get round these? No worry if you don't want to advise :)

Cheers
Alex B

·
Registered
331 Posts
all rb blocks will fit any rb gearbox.

the difference's in the different capacity blocks ar the deck hieght above the main horizontal water jacket on the exhaust side(row of frost plugs) and internal stroke.

the instrument cluster is another rarley thought of one.....get the r33 instrument panel and disassemble, change the actual instruments over as they will fit into the r32 cluster housing..

there is a pin on the back of the clock on the speed, slide it out and match it to the Km's done on your 32 speedo

the pinout diagram for the loom can be found at meggala.com skyline information

this will show you which wires you need to join from the r33 engine loom to the r32 dash loom.

you will need to buy a r33 top radiator hose.
as the 20 manifold is different to the 25.

·
Registered
2,076 Posts
Sorry, just reread my post, I'll be fitting an RB26, but it's the RB25 gearbox I'm thinking of, as the speedo drive is electrical, how do I convert the electrical drive on the box, to mechanical on the car?

Cheers
Alex B

·
Registered
331 Posts
Sorry, just reread my post, I'll be fitting an RB26, but it's the RB25 gearbox I'm thinking of, as the speedo drive is electrical, how do I convert the electrical drive on the box, to mechanical on the car?

Cheers
Alex B
theres a 10ml m8 bolt that retains the speedo drive in the gearbox. undo it and swap it with the cable drive from your older rb20 box.

ensure the nylon drive cogs are the same. may have to swap them over too.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts