GTR Forum banner

1 - 20 of 86 Posts

·
Registered
1,663 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
I've been thinking about this for a while, and I have come to the conclusion that given time it won't..

Initially as asking prices drop, they will undoubtedly fall into the "wrong" hands.
But those hands will not be able to provide enough wealth and knowledgeable assistance to satisfy it's needs.

If you buy a car cheap, the repair bills will be higher.
And Skyline ownership is p1ssing expensive. [even on the good ones] :D

Therefore a downward spiral will occur because the unfortunate chav buyer will get his first bill, panic and then try to sell her on quick, at a substantially lower value than he purchased her for.

This means that there are probably some nice little bargains to be had at the moment, but not for long I reckon..

As time passes all of the cars that are poorly maintained will quickly end up as breakers or on the scrap heap,
because they will be far to costly for anyone to bother to maintain..
All of the good ones will then gain greater exclusivity as the overall numbers drop for each model.

In short, I think we're safe, the sticker brigade that exists at the moment will be short lived. I'm sure of it ;)

·
Registered
5,020 Posts
i saw a white R33 GTST in camber a couplle of weeks back....

camber is where a lot of chavs live, and he was standing there talking to them! :(

·
GTROC Member
5,037 Posts
While I agreee with a lot of the above....

I'm not totally convinced some wont become chav wagons :(

Think about the ones that spend thousands on bodykits, 20" rims, custom exhausts (quad 6" if saxo of course), flip/glitterflake paintjobs, huge stereos etc ? They still live with mummy and daddy so can throw all their income at their car to 'max power' it up....oh dear :(

Lets only hope they get put off by something eh !!!!!!

·
Premium Member
3,066 Posts
Think 32gtr's are cheap, cheaper that some 33's but they have been missed by the chav boys so remain safe. 34's are still out of their price range, for a while!

·
GTROC Member
5,037 Posts
Maybe the 32's arent bling enough for em.....thank gawd ! :(

But yeah they do seem to go for 33's....I'd be lying if I said that didnt put me off 33's slightly.

I'll be a sad, sad day when they get their hands on R34's :bawling:

·
Registered
373 Posts
so whats a chav? someone which is a lesser person than you? making the "skyline" only good enough for a certain people?

not having a go:D, but ive never really understood the hipe about the "chav" thing, can someone explain? im gessing alot of people have there own meaning of the word.

·
GTROC Member
5,037 Posts
I think the Chavs we're talking about here are the Halfords/Max Power bolt on crew !

Dunno about you but I'm not looking forward to the day when lots of stupidly modified Skylines are running around in carparks covered in neon, graphics, huge bodykits, lambo doors, 6 exhaust pipes etc....I think i'd feel ashamed to drive mine then, people would see you and think you were part of the same scene :(

·
Registered
373 Posts
While I agreee with a lot of the above....

I'm not totally convinced some wont become chav wagons :(

Think about the ones that spend thousands on bodykits, 20" rims, custom exhausts (quad 6" if saxo of course), flip/glitterflake paintjobs, huge stereos etc ? They still live with mummy and daddy so can throw all their income at their car to 'max power' it up....oh dear :(

Lets only hope they get put off by something eh !!!!!!
lol i sould read more carefully, but if they can afford to do all this then the r34 is doomed, lets hope they park the thing in tescos & cant manage to find it again:D

·
Through the Night
4,267 Posts
I have seen a few poorly dressed R33 GTS-T'S blinged up to high Heaven that look total sh1t .Still seeing as prices on this model have hit rock bottom and the avalability of them it's no surprise .

·
Registered
717 Posts
r33 gts-t are already like with lots of younger chav'tastic owners.

As prices drop they will get like the rs turbos and cosworths of the 90's

·
Banned
7,219 Posts
A lot of the totally shocking Skylines ive seen have been driven by older guys having a mid life crisis and try to make a "cool" car unfortunatly.

TBH that "wild for the sake of it" look is dying out of the UK car scene anyhow, its never gonna leave, but the general look is becoming more subtle and classy these days, thank god.

·
Registered
1,663 Posts
Discussion Starter #14 (Edited)
so whats a chav? someone which is a lesser person than you? making the "skyline" only good enough for a certain people?
When I say chav, I am talking about a generic term for someone with low intelligence and p1ss poor taste,
with a penchant for things that they can neither afford nor fully appreciate.. ;)

So essentially you are correct, some people simply do not deserve to own such things :D

·
Registered
1,969 Posts
Apparently Chavs are being a bit more subtle as SteveN says, no more flip paint, instead they prefer to copy a genuine supercar colour like this Porsche Riviera Blue, although it is sold as Baby Powder Blue at your local Halfords.

How tuff does that look:thumbsup:

·
Banned
7,219 Posts
No, that looks shit, as you just googled looking for the first chavved up car painted a similar colour to mine so you can have a bitchy lil dig.

Wow, i painted my GTR a less boring colour than grey (without going for the usual boring bayside blue or midnight purple the skyline fans beat one off over), even though my car is pretty standard looking, has no gay graphics or kit, etc etc etc.

Absolutley pathetic, but id not expect much different from this forum.

1 - 20 of 86 Posts