GTR Forum banner

1 - 20 of 77 Posts

·
Registered
59 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I am still weighing up whether to buy a GT-R and wondered if there has been any chatter on the car forums about any changes for MY22? I see the MY22 Nismo edition brings a new colour and not much more, I fear that probably shows what is in store for the regular car.

The GT-R must be very much at end of life now, it feels like any day now we could get an announcement that the axe has finally fallen, and that will be a sad day.

This video from the excellent team at Savagegeese is worth a watch, it gives a good technical overview of the cars evolution and how the mains systems work, along with a drive of the MY21. They show an interesting chart of the performance difference between an MY17 vs MY20 with the upgraded turbos which is a surprise. I have to admit, this video has relit my interest somewhat.

Cheers,
Simon

·
Registered
388 Posts
I've just been on the Nissan UK website and invoked the Car Configurator and it doesnt seem to list the GT-R any more! (Might be just me of course :))

·
Registered
59 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Same for me, it was there this morning because I was looking at interior options. I noticed that the description mentioned ivory interior was an option but it wasn't there in the configurator which I thought was an odd error to make. The downloadable PDF hasn't worked for a few days either. Perhaps they are making some tweaks, all other info relating to the GTR except for the finance calculator and configurator is still available.

·
Registered
26,309 Posts
You know its Unavailable in Australia to order new

so I wouldn’t be surprised if it’s being phased out

no ones been buying these in great numbers here, it’s probably more of a headache logistically at the moment to make & has little profit for Nissan

I just checked Nissan home page & same here

·
Registered
59 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
It is odd that they would announce an MY22 along with a new colour though, not sure where I read that, could even have been on here a few weeks ago. The investment into the GTR has slowed to a trickle in recent years and judging by the MY22 Nismo, it's now at a stop. Perhaps it is NLA in Australia due to regulatory changes (ADR's) making it no longer viable.

It was the news on the MY22 Nismo that prompted me to start this thread, perhaps there will be news soon on the future of the GTR. :unsure:

·
Super Moderator
15,974 Posts
It is still available reports of its demise are likely premature.

Reactions: mondie

·
Registered
59 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
Dunno, more progression and tweaking as we have witnessed for over a decade now. Oh, and Android Auto.

·
Registered
388 Posts
As a matter of interest do any country versions of R35 have Android Auto? Nissan seem to fit it to other models for various marketplaces but Nissan UK don't often seem to spec it for cars here...

·
Registered
388 Posts
The only "enhancement" I'd like to have seen would be Driver's Seat memory. They do it for similar interior configuration in the Infiniti range...

·
Ooo Matron !
2,297 Posts
Stop it bleeping in reverse - I'm not a van driver !!

And fold the mirrors in when I turn the ignition off.

·
Registered
388 Posts
Front camera for parking up to kerbs (if you are parking next to a wall the front sensors will be going off as soon as you get alongside!)

·
Super Moderator
15,974 Posts
Adaptive cruise and stop/start I'd say. Anything else probably would take too much R&D on such an old model.

Edited to add wireless phone charging.

·
Vendor
3,201 Posts
I think those few bits could easily be fitted by the manufacturer without having to reconfigure too much stuff.

·
Premium Member
771 Posts
Adaptive cruise and stop/start I'd say. Anything else probably would take too much R&D on such an old model.

Edited to add wireless phone charging.
Stop/start would be a nightmare, seems to take ages to go through the system check every time you start it. We would be holding up the traffic!

·
Registered
59 Posts
Discussion Starter · #20 ·
Stop/start and adaptive cruise are two things I would be happy without. 600hp, wireless charging and Android Audio would be nice tweaks for what is likely to be the last MY

1 - 20 of 77 Posts