GTR Forum banner

181 - 192 of 192 Posts

·
Super Moderator
16,027 Posts
I’m obviously a sucker you got a grand more than me :)

·
Registered
114 Posts
Discussion Starter · #183 ·
Another week passes and still no announcement on the MY22. Hurry up, Nissan!

Nissan contacted the dealer I ordered with and took their orders about a fortnight ago now and that was supposed to be the precursor to the announcement :whistle:

·
Registered
114 Posts
Discussion Starter · #185 ·
It's gonna have to be well before that, there are a few on here expecting cars in Nov/Dec.

·
Vendor
3,385 Posts
If Nissan’s delivery dates for Gtr’s and parts are anything to go by they’ll Be lucky to see them.

·
Registered
449 Posts
The 400Z is getting launched on August 17th. But not for UK/Europe of course.
Back to the R35... I'm fairly certain anything ordered now is to MY21 spec even if delivery is end of year.

·
Registered
40 Posts
Continuing the TE discussion this TE for sale at Litchfields looks like good value, even has the Nismo seats:

An interesting list of differences to the standard car that I haven't seen listed before:
  • Wider front track
  • Wider front wings
  • Seam welded and reinforced chassis
  • Larger hubs and wheel studs
  • Nismo front suspension arms
  • Nismo/Bilstein damptronic suspension
  • Hollow upgraded anti roll bars
  • Lightweight and wider Nismo forged alloy wheels (-2.5kg each)
It's only about 12k more than a standard MY19 car. If it was later in the year I could have been tempted.
This was my car which I only had for 3 months. Only got litchfield to sell it as I was ordering new.

However once the vehicle sold I was then told by Nissan they don’t know what is going on as they can’t order one. Bit gutted

as for the car, after driving and owning so many different GTRS including tuned ones
800hp
1000hp
1100hp

CBA DBA and driving many MY17 I can genuinely say the track edition is very different.
That car was insane in the bends and grip was unreal.
It surprised me so much that I was ready to order a new one and keep it. I genuinely hope they do become available again.
I’m hoping this factory burning down in China that used to produce a component that most manufacturers need is the reason for no availability.
Such a underrated car, don’t think I could own a non track edition again.

as for the seats, I would order one again without the buckets as they were horrible to sit in. Great to look at though

·
Registered
114 Posts
Discussion Starter · #189 ·
They are available again gjs, if you can find a dealer with available build slots. We are waiting for an announcement on the so-called MY 21.5 update which is rumoured to include a new colour or two, and some tech updates.

I am surprised your old car has not sold given the hot market for most cars right now.

·
Registered
40 Posts
They are available again gjs, if you can find a dealer with available build slots. We are waiting for an announcement on the so-called MY 21.5 update which is rumoured to include a new colour or two, and some tech updates.

I am surprised your old car has not sold given the hot market for most cars right now.
That’s interesting, would you know which dealers have slots ?
My old car was sold before it even got to litchfield.

deposit paid with 24 hours of arriving. If it had not sold I would get it back !!!

·
Registered
114 Posts
Discussion Starter · #191 ·
You could contact Dale at HPC Aberdeen and see if he can help. If slots are gone for the builds expected later this year then there may be more into 2022, most seem to think the GTR is close to the end of the line but nobody knows with any certainty when the hammer will finally fall for good.

181 - 192 of 192 Posts