GTR Forum banner
241 - 260 of 261 Posts

·
Vendor
3,768 Posts
I think it’s clear to see the cars climbing towards an rrp of £100k, I don’t think the brand is good enough to exceed this and if a new Gtr did come along would people buy it if it did?

A few tweaks here and there is good enough for the next 2 yrs, but then I think they need a game changer.

From my prospective I can just be grateful I’ve owned a few different variations of Godzilla over the last 6/7 yrs and enjoyed every minute. A windfall might put a nismo in my garage but for now I’ll keep dreaming.

Let’s see what tomorrow brings😊👍

·
Super Moderator
16,098 Posts
It'll be a special colour like the battleship blue/grey Nismo IMHO. There's no R36 so don't hold your breath.

·
Registered
185 Posts
Discussion Starter · #244 ·
Now doesn't seem to be the time to launch an R36 even if it existed, so agree this will be an R35 announcement. Copied this from a US forum, it seems somewhat believable on the R36 as it involves minimal investment:

"the big rumor out of Japan ( best car reporting this week) is the new GTR will come in 2023 with the same chassis and engine as the R35 but with a major exterior and interior overhaul and be sold as an all new model with no hybrid "

·
Super Moderator
16,098 Posts
Hmmn, feeling sceptical! Would be a big departure from usual pattern for Nissan to do that.

·
Registered
185 Posts
Discussion Starter · #246 ·
I have my doubts an R36 will materialise. Electric cars are already insanely fast so what would the USP be, and if it were developed as a hybrid, how long would that be viable for, given the rapid pace of regulatory change against ICE? Given the medium-term risks of any new model, a warmed-over R35 may be the most viable option, but where does that fit in a post Goshn world.

·
Premium Member
5,888 Posts
New colour and wheels?? 😉

Wheel Tire Car Sky Vehicle

Reactions: SKNAM

·
Premium Member
5,888 Posts
Horrible colour, saw the picture on fb earlier
Looks like R34 stylee, millennium Jade? not bad, i like the wheels! Be nice on my peasant black CBA! haha

·
Super Moderator
16,098 Posts
I spy Millenium jade....
Wheel Tire Vehicle Car Automotive tire

·
Super Moderator
16,098 Posts
...with TE 2020 style wheels but maybe in bronze.

·
Registered
185 Posts
Discussion Starter · #254 ·
Yep sure would and makes sense, wonder what that means for the price and options. I hope we see 600hp if this is going to be the final blast.

·
Premium Member
1,005 Posts
I wouldn't worry too much about whether it gets 600hp - you can probably make that nowadays on the latest models with a simple y-pipe and a decent map. It needs to have more power to be competitive in today's market if they ask north of £100k. Said it before many times, if Nissan wanted to do it, they could have (still could). The engine power output 14 years on is barely 100hp more than when launched and that's largely down to running more boost. Look at where other car makers have gone with their power outputs, miles better now than 14 years ago. Better to work on handling/aero to keep it still performing well and ageing gracefully - its still very good in those areas (y)

·
Registered
185 Posts
Discussion Starter · #256 ·
I probably won't mod it and since the TE runs the same turbo setup as the Nismo it can easily have that car's 600hp map, perhaps it does already, who knows. It may all be moot as it looks like the standard car could be a TE and with potential for other spec changes. The JDM announcement is tomorrow so we soon will have a hint as to what the UK spec cars may be.

·
Registered
185 Posts
Discussion Starter · #258 ·
You would assume so Harry, some have deposits on TE's and others Premium or Recaro cars so we will have to see how Nissan handles it.

·
Premium Member
1,005 Posts
I know its a JDM announcement tomorrow but fingers crossed we do go on to get some good spec cars into the UK. I think they look great in those photo shots. Got me excited again........come on Nissan! :)

·
Super Moderator
16,098 Posts
If I get the opportunity I’d have millennium jade!

241 - 260 of 261 Posts