GTR Forum banner

21 - 40 of 77 Posts

·
Premium Member
793 Posts
Thing is, 600hp is nothing nowadays for a GT-R. I bet most cars are running that easy with a stage 1/2 so perhaps Nissan are leaving the tuning to us punters and so not putting in the effort (development, cost etc) to do it themselves for a car with limited remaining shelf-life? Or put another way, if Nissan wanted to give the car more power why haven't they? Even 700hp would be easy for them to do EXCEPT perhaps for getting the car through stringent emissions test?? :unsure:

·
Registered
59 Posts
Discussion Starter · #22 ·
It's all about warranty, that's why I would like more power without having to mod, and why they sell them with so much left in reserve.

Really surprising how little is known about the MY22, perhaps there is nothing to know.

·
Vendor
3,201 Posts
I bet the 22 version has’nt even been thought about, I am guessing a couple of cosmetic changes to show what year the car is When they do get round to something.

The bigger power option is the Nismo for now, they can’t just up the power of a car and not look at braking,handling etc, power without control springs to mind here.

·
Registered
59 Posts
Discussion Starter · #24 ·
You mean like many of the modders do, 700hp on a stock driveline :p

I am not saying that is a problem, I just don't see Nissan doing anything on the brakes/handing front for a small hp jump. I am not sure they have done so on all the past incremental power bumps.

·
Registered
388 Posts
The suspension seems to get revised every Model Year. Especially when Dunlop change the tyre spec (e.g. MY14).

·
Registered
388 Posts
And didnt the 2020 Nismo have different Dunlop tread pattern altogether...

·
Registered
59 Posts
Discussion Starter · #29 ·
Agreed, the risk would be too great for an OEM.

Go on Nissan, give us something though for the 22 models other than a new colour which is a bit shit.

·
Ooo Matron !
2,296 Posts
Stop/start and adaptive cruise are two things I would be happy without. 600hp, wireless charging and Android Audio would be nice tweaks for what is likely to be the last MY
If mine had stop/start I'd be returning it to the dealer.

·
Ooo Matron !
2,296 Posts
Adaptive cruise and stop/start I'd say. Anything else probably would take too much R&D on such an old model.
The GT-R is about 12 years old, out of the ark, Noah was driving one. Whereas a 911 is as fresh as daisy.

·
Premium Member
793 Posts
Nissan could easily strengthen the engine and put a warranty on it. And at much lower cost than an owner having to to a tuner/engine builder to do the same with a forged engine build. Likewise the gearbox. They build them from scratch and have NISMO expertise to call upon.

·
Registered
26,308 Posts
Or they are a high volume manufacturer where the gtr contributes very very little to the accounts , the Leaf contribution to profit in the uk is more than the gtr

be realistic

·
Premium Member
793 Posts
I'm talking about whether Nissan could get 700hp out of the VRDETT38. If they put there minds to it they could use stronger parts and they could also choose to give it more power, we aren't talking that much more, not even 20% more (by speccing stronger internals etc). I think we all know Nissan won't do it - otherwise they would have probably done it already.

·
Registered
59 Posts
Discussion Starter · #36 ·
When does Nissan usually release details of the upcoming MY update, it must be soon? 700hp would be nice but I am not holding my breath on that one 😁

·
Vendor
3,201 Posts
Nissan could easily put stronger rods in the motor but it’s a pointless exercise for them.
bigger injectors required
bigger fuel pumps
bigger turbo’s as std would be mxed out at 700 and running a lot of boost
a new ecu file would have to be created and a tcm to match and they have to meet more stringent emissions each year
uprated gearbox internals and the boxes are built outside of nissan

there will be many more things that need addressing

its not going to happen on a car on its way out.

·
Registered
22 Posts
purchased a MY20 demo yesterday and was told, by the dealers, that once their MY21 demos are sold they can’t get anymore.. none to replace them

·
Registered
388 Posts
...and logically that would mean the MY22 Nismo would not be available in the UK.
Nissan did say they were getting out of the sportscar market in Europe...

21 - 40 of 77 Posts