GTR Forum banner
421 - 440 of 495 Posts

·
Registered
546 Posts
I am pretty sure Middlehurst supplied the car.

Quite expensive back then, a rare site and nice too,but Nismo is where my money would be these days.

Can't see that happening as I just keep buying car related stuff🙈
[/QQUOT

I saw that car at Middlehurst about 6 years ago. They were selling it for the owner. It didn't look in that great condition.

·
Premium Member
1,120 Posts
Has anyone with an order contacted Nissan GB (or UK?) to get an update on what's happening? I know from earlier posts that dealers seem to be in the dark on this but does anyone know the official line from Nissan? Why the hold-up etc? Seems really strange to me there is nothing at all that I've seen confirming the car is coming to the UK. I sincerely hope it is - we've been loyal customers in the UK (at least in terms of snapping them up when for sale) - and the GT-R Drivers Club have a good relationship with Nissan GB from previous events. Maybe no news is good news, whilst Nissan HQ in Japan decide what to do.

·
Registered
244 Posts
Discussion Starter · #430 ·
Has anyone with an order contacted Nissan GB (or UK?) to get an update on what's happening?
I am not aware of anyone doing so and unless you had the details of someone well up the tree, this would be a complete waste of time, IMO.

As time goes on the chances of getting a car are fading and nothing we do is going to change that.

·
Registered
36 Posts
I am not aware of anyone doing so and unless you had the details of someone well up the tree, this would be a complete waste of time, IMO.

As time goes on the chances of getting a car are fading and nothing we do is going to change that.
The big question is what do u go for if this doesn't work out. Point to point peformance is hard to match especially on the price you pay. Always worried about 2nd hand gtrs as some do get a very hard life. Would look at a AMG GTR. Not sure if anyone has been in one or knows what they are like. Still got my fingers crossed 🤞

·
Registered
244 Posts
Discussion Starter · #432 ·
The big question is what do u go for if this doesn't work out. Point to point peformance is hard to match especially on the price you pay. Always worried about 2nd hand gtrs as some do get a very hard life. Would look at a AMG GTR. Not sure if anyone has been in one or knows what they are like. Still got my fingers crossed 🤞
I have been thinking about this too and nothing is an obvious replacement. AMG GTRs were good value a year ago at £90k but they are well over £110k now, and I am still not 100% on the looks. There are a few other cars that appeal but all are a very different proposition to a GTR, cars such as the M5 Comp, M3 XDrive, Alfa Quad, new RS3 etc.

If I miss out on a GTR I will likely sit on my hands for a while and just enjoy my F80 M3 Comp.

·
Premium Member
1,120 Posts
I've been in a high speed run in an AMG GTR and honestly didn't rate it. Sounded good but I thought it didn't handle that great. This was 3 years ago at Mercedes World when it was being compared to a GT3. Honestly, no where near a GT3 (or a GT-R for that matter). It felt rapid but never epic, heavy and hardwork. The Alfa Quad etc is a possible for me. They look and sound great and are fairly quick until 5th gear (just into three figures) and then it's really nothing special.

·
Super Moderator
16,161 Posts
I'll go either a targa Porsche or possibly a Maclaren, though their reliability stresses me out. Though in all honesty I'm so enjoying the Yaris GR at the moment I might just leave it at that.

·
Registered
36 Posts
It's such a hard one. Never had a gtr before but always been my dream to get one. Folk say once u go gtr it's hard to find a car with peformance at that price. What mclaren would u fancy. They are cool cars but reliability or repair costs would give me nightmares. Did the amg gtr feel special sknam or not really

·
Premium Member
1,120 Posts
Yes, AMG did feel special to sit in and if you are after brawn then it fits the bill. But even with a Mercedes event driver doing a flying lap it just didn't do it for me. Not convinced its agile at all. 4 months later I bought an early R35 and honestly it's a miles better drive. Yes it feels a bit bumpy/pointless around town etc (and you'll get b3ll3nds telling you to rev it, send eveywhere you go) but honestly smooths out at 50mph and by 70 you can tell why people get them. The jitteryness goes and it feels (to me at least) like it hunkers down yet becomes more agile. On a routine test drive you might wonder what the fuss is all about but give it some space to breathe and they are superb cars. Love it 😀

·
Registered
244 Posts
Discussion Starter · #437 ·
I don't think I could do a Mac, part of the attraction of JDM is the lack of status and being a bit inconspicuous, those doors on a McLaren are too much for me. And then servicing of course, especially in NW Wales! Previously I have been serious about an Exige 430 or GT430, especially as we have a dealer just 3 miles away. I haven't looked at them for a while but since both cars are NLA, I can only imagine they are >£100k, so that's a no too.

A Porsche GT3 would be cool but they are £nuts too and quite in your face. If the TE doesn't materialise I am thinking I will just park my ambitions for a while and wait for supply to normalise, and prices too.

·
Registered
546 Posts
Has anyone with an order contacted Nissan GB (or UK?) to get an update on what's happening? I know from earlier posts that dealers seem to be in the dark on this but does anyone know the official line from Nissan? Why the hold-up etc? Seems really strange to me there is nothing at all that I've seen confirming the car is coming to the UK. I sincerely hope it is - we've been loyal customers in the UK (at least in terms of snapping them up when for sale) - and the GT-R Drivers Club have a good relationship with Nissan GB from previous events. Maybe no news is good news, whilst Nissan HQ in Japan decide what to do.
I had an issue with a family members Juke and ended up with a complaint direct to the Nissan GB MD. At the same time I asked about the GTR for next year as I've had 5 plus a UK R34 and a load of 350Z's.

So far they are in a holding pattern of expecting info in a couple of weeks. I wanted to order a final year car but I need an idea on spec, price and colours for a Track Edition. I may have missed the boat but the platform is 13 years old and a big price hike for little tangible improvement won't cut it.

In the meantime I decided to buy a Ferrari ....

·
Registered
546 Posts
I had an issue with a family members Juke and ended up with a complaint direct to the Nissan GB MD. At the same time I asked about the GTR for next year as I've had 5 plus a UK R34 and a load of 350Z's.

So far they are in a holding pattern of expecting info in a couple of weeks. I wanted to order a final year car but I need an idea on spec, price and colours for a Track Edition. I may have missed the boat but the platform is 13 years old and a big price hike for little tangible improvement won't cut it.

In the meantime I decided to buy a Ferrari ....
I should add that a number of sources told me in April that they didn't think there would be any new GTR's in late 2021/22. I really hope they are wrong.

421 - 440 of 495 Posts