GTR Forum banner
441 - 460 of 495 Posts

·
Premium Member
1,120 Posts
Always one to try and find a positive, might suspend be no more new orders taken from now but current orders will be fulfilled when parts etc available? Guess folk will know soon if they are refunded their deposits.....

·
Super Moderator
16,161 Posts
Don’t know what to say, as technically our orders are in. I’ve spec’d colour etc. was only really waiting to see if an end of line car was announced.

Reactions: mondie

·
Registered
244 Posts
Discussion Starter · #451 ·
Don’t know what to say, as technically our orders are in. I’ve spec’d colour etc. was only really waiting to see if an end of line car was announced.
The same as me Toni, colour and spec are confirmed and the order has been accepted by Nissan UK some months ago. Dale was contacted by Nissan UK back in September to confirm all orders and customer details.

If the builds have been suspended then this is a temporary situation and it may just mean we collect our cars in Spring instead of Winter, and that suits me. Earlier in the year, the Tsukuba plant where the GTR is built was closed for a refit for a new model and I wonder if that is because the R35 is being phased out, with Covid just complicating a niche production line before its closed.

It's hard to know what is happenning but we have no choice but to hang on in hope.

·
Registered
542 Posts
Things not looking too good for UK Nissan dealers with the dropping of the Navara and, quite soon, the Micra. I get the impression that Nissan UK have very little under their control and decisions taken by Nissan Global.

·
Registered
542 Posts
I count myself very lucky in getting my order delivered. Ordered in Dec 2020 and delivered in May 2021. Apart from DaveW I havent heard of another MY21 Track Edition. I dont normally get that lucky...

·
Registered
244 Posts
Discussion Starter · #456 ·
Things not looking too good for UK Nissan dealers with the dropping of the Navara and, quite soon, the Micra. I get the impression that Nissan UK have very little under their control and decisions taken by Nissan Global.
That is a common story of many makers post-Covid, killing off cheap small cars and concentrating on the lower volume higher margin models. As for the Navara, I didn't know they were still made so I can only wonder how many units they shift annually.

Nissan in Aberdeen sold a gray TE mid-year, so that's three My21's we know of.

441 - 460 of 495 Posts