GTR Forum banner
501 - 520 of 707 Posts

·
Registered
593 Posts
I didn't call in the end. You can find his personal email easily on the net. I messaged him and his MD office complaints team sorted it out. I'm sure his direct number must be findable or you could ask Customer Services.

·
Super Moderator
16,270 Posts
Albeit communication is patchy I don’t think anyone is trying to yank our chains over pricing. I've always taken the view that I’m just going to sit back and let this play out. I’m in no rush. Lucky really as Nissan aren’t either! I’ve heard a lot about cancellations at other dealers on other cars so I won’t hold my breath or really believe it until the damn thing is sitting in front of me.

·
Registered
320 Posts
Discussion Starter · #511 ·
I dont believe Nissan UK have any part in the Nissan Global Marketing & Sales strategy apart from being asked for input. Nissan Worldwide is run from Japan.
I cannot see how Nissan UK would not have some input. They are the UK selling arm of a global company and it's up to them to market and develop buyers and be the voice of the market back to HQ. Nissan UK would have to lobby for more GTR's assuming they have a business case that supports it. This is why I am puzzled by the differing explanations of what is going on that we have been told over the past six months.

·
Premium Member
856 Posts
I cannot see how Nissan UK would not have some input. They are the UK selling arm of a global company and it's up to them to market and develop buyers and be the voice of the market back to HQ. Nissan UK would have to lobby for more GTR's assuming they have a business case that supports it. This is why I am puzzled by the differing explanations of what is going on that we have been told over the past six months.
I thought a few of you had calls from your dealer saying your ordered had been approved and cars were arriving 2022, has something changed ?

·
Super Moderator
16,270 Posts
Yes we did get a call, but frankly I’m annoyed every other country seems to be before us!

I can sort of understand Australia and USA before UK, but surely Thailand isn’t a bigger market!

Reactions: mondie

·
Vendor
4,613 Posts
Thailand has a very good new car market, they try to keep there own manufactured products to the front of sales though.
Theres plenty of high end motors there at twice the price and more due to import taxes.
Ive only ever seen 2 F40’s and one was there about 12 yrs ago so it shows cash and a market for sports cars is there already. Lambo’s are popular there and into Cambodia too ( think there majority Chinese business people). The philippines also has a pretty good gathering of 35’s.
These se Asian countries develop fast and there’s plenty of ultra rich people there.
As much as I’d like to see the cars being delivered here, it seems not to be there priority.

501 - 520 of 707 Posts