GTR Forum banner
521 - 540 of 707 Posts

·
Registered
320 Posts
Discussion Starter · #522 ·
That Aussie review was quite good, it certainly shows off the lovely MJ paint and makes me want the bronze wheels if the dealer can swing it with Nissan. The values of the T spec in Oz sound crazily and speculative, he claims one has sold for A$600k = £320k o_O

Nissan UK website still has no Configure option but Brochure page now says new one coming soon!
I am not sure if that's a recent change, John, as I haven't clicked on that link for probably 4-5 months, since the brochure disappeared. Do you know?

·
Premium Member
1,230 Posts
They'll have all the parts I'm sure Skint, but it's frustrating that the communication is so poor re. UK supply. Proper gets on my nerves and I'm not even waiting for an order to be delivered.

Watching the video Matty posted reminded me (again) of how little different the MY22 cars are (substance over form) compared to 12/13 years ago.

I guess Nissan know the cars will always sell but I've been considering a new one for 2 years now and aside from some updates (mainly aesthetic only when it comes down to it) I don't see the point over my 2010. Depends what you want of course but for me it needs to be a decent upgrade. They'll hike the price and add carbon bits etc but that won't do it for me given just how much improvement other cars gave seen in the last say, 5 years. The delay suggests complacency and over the years the spin and various press releases has been shown Nissan only need to be "creative" in their thinking/presentation to sell GT-Rs.

For example, despite Nissan's claims of ever faster 0-60 times we all know they aren't much (if anything) faster than early cars that posted 3.5s times. Talking about non-Nismo's here. Nissan claim weight saving a few kg here and there but the latest cars weigh 10-40kg more than the CBA's and so on and so forth. A 2022 nismo weighs more than a 2010 "normal". Many of the "improvements" seem to be about making it more like other brands and around sound proofing/comfort/valve exhaust/exhaust synthesised sound etc. Not one of them improves performance. It just adds in things that other cars have. Not for me, it's just gimmicks. The other tweaking seems to be aesthetics, Nismo's aside. Nissan know they will be able to sell what they want to - we are historically loyal to the GT-R brand.

But, I think the passage of time and the latest reviews have crystallised my mind not to bother getting one. I do still hope Nissan honour the orders they have. Yes they'll be sold out and they will be good - that's a given - but it's a poor show for Nissan. After being a loyal customer for 11 years this whole crap saga and lack of decent updates means I'll definitely be putting my money elsewhere for the next addition to the garage.

I'll still always get excited when I see one (especially the new colourways etc) but honestly what a PR ****-up for Nissan GB.

·
Registered
27,351 Posts
It’s due to chip & component shortage in general id assume & those chips diverted to other cars and such

just look at the Nissan uk homepage
Totally EV in it’s marketing positioning

the gtr looks like a dinosaur.

it’s a hero car sure, but they can’t even supply SUVs at the moment without an 6-8 month lead time.

·
Premium Member
1,230 Posts
Absolutely get that Matty and I agree they (and other manufacturers) are struggling.

But Nissan Japan have obviously made a conscious decision to supply to one market rather than another and for Nissan UK to either not know this (and tell their customers what is happening, why and when) does not reflect well on them at all.

Yes I know Nissan UK (GB etc) are small fry to Nissan Japan and likely get told as and when but to offer what seems to be no decent update on what is happening with orders just smacks to me of either arrogance, indifference, or total incompetence. I'm miffed and I don't even have any skin in the game....

·
Registered
27,351 Posts
Totally agree. Nissan jP clearly see other markets as more important

nissan uk, aren’t even in the loop with cars being produced here based upon a car currently on order & the dates moving etc

shame but what can you do

·
Premium Member
856 Posts
I hope everyone gets their cars and looking at the secondhand values the new ones should be good value.
The 2017/18 nismo’s have shot up in price recently and it would be interesting to see if the actual sell at £150k price tag.

·
Super Moderator
16,270 Posts
Part of the frustration those of us with orders have is how prices have shot up, and we’d have bought earlier otherwise.

Reactions: mondie

·
Premium Member
1,230 Posts
The high(er) asking prices probably won't be sustainable in the UK once the MY2022's get delivered, but I can see why sellers are in a good position (limited supply). I reckon there'll be quite a few speculative orders in for the MY22 and that will drive prices up too when they finally arrive. At this rate, I'm more confident for a MY23 so if that happens I might have a dabble.

·
Super Moderator
16,270 Posts
There won't be a MY23 pretty certain that the only new GTRs that will ever reach these shores now are those already ordered. That's not even that certain!

Reactions: matty32

·
Registered
320 Posts
Discussion Starter · #539 ·
The high(er) asking prices probably won't be sustainable in the UK once the MY2022's get delivered, but I can see why sellers are in a good position (limited supply). I reckon there'll be quite a few speculative orders in for the MY22 and that will drive prices up too when they finally arrive. At this rate, I'm more confident for a MY23 so if that happens I might have a dabble.
I don't think there is any chance of an MY23 and should our MY22's be made, there will be so few it will make no difference to the UK market.

·
Premium Member
1,230 Posts
If the MY22's are delivered - which I reckon they will be - and then Nissan announce they are to be the last then they will definitely go up in value overnight. But if they are delivered and then Nissan do another run then there will be a clamber for the next MY and so on. I think the prices will go up/be strong but the current increases are, I believe due to uncertainty over whether there will be more R35's on the horizon, and I absolutely get that. Whether some will achieve the prices asked, who knows? But in Australia they know they have their last R35's (side impact crash tests compliance) and look at those prices being asked, wow.

521 - 540 of 707 Posts