GTR Forum banner
541 - 560 of 707 Posts

·
Premium Member
856 Posts
Well middlehurts via the registry reckon a 23k nismo 2017 is £150k so …

good luck to both buyer and seller.
I traded my 2018 nismo in for £115k a year ago and it had done 3k miles, I think it sold for just under £120k.

Prices have really increased but and it’s a big but, they actually have sell athese increased prices.

There is another black nismo for sale and it’s been up for a while, in December it was £125k and hadn’t sold, now it’s £149k. Do they think by increasing the price that it will sell!

Going by these prices I guess my latest nismo is worth considerably more than I payed for it. Hopefully anyway!

·
Registered
27,351 Posts
Always buy the hero colour for a car, white Nismo is spot on. I’m sure like everything it’s increased on paper. The truth is really only when they sell.

400r 33 for example or a £150k r34

i think there’s always someone out there for each car & price point. Dealers are throwing out silly numbers tho

·
Super Moderator
16,270 Posts
I traded my 2018 nismo in for £115k a year ago and it had done 3k miles, I think it sold for just under £120k.

Prices have really increased but and it’s a big but, they actually have sell athese increased prices.

There is another black nismo for sale and it’s been up for a while, in December it was £125k and hadn’t sold, now it’s £149k. Do they think by increasing the price that it will sell!

Going by these prices I guess my latest nismo is worth considerably more than I payed for it. Hopefully anyway!
Just to think I was offered a stealth grey Nismo for £110K only 18 months ago. I am sceptical at a price point of £150K tbh, even if cars have strengthened in price that's a hell of a hike.

Reactions: matty32

·
Premium Member
856 Posts
Just to think I was offered a stealth grey Nismo for £110K only 18 months ago. I am sceptical at a price point of £150K tbh, even if cars have strengthened in price that's a hell of a hike.
Yes I agree. It will be interesting to see if any actually sell at that price. I guess they will eventually become collectible

·
Super Moderator
16,270 Posts
I noticed the price of cars has softened recently, those Nismos are still for sale and have come down a bit.

Still there but if you click you just go straight back to main page....

Reactions: matty32

·
Registered
320 Posts
Discussion Starter · #549 ·
Seems like they missed removing that bit of the website 😁 I feel the market is softening too, based on my current experience of selling a car.

Those three Nismos on Autotrader at ~£150k seems poor value to me. If they were MY20 with all current specs it would be a different story.

·
Registered
309 Posts

·
Registered
320 Posts
Discussion Starter · #554 ·
Those articles don't mention the UK but that may be because they originated on the continent, however, the timing fits with the GTR disappearing from the Nissan Uk website. I wonder if the reg changes were the need for an OPF or stricter CO2 levels perhaps.

·
Registered
320 Posts
Discussion Starter · #558 ·
I wonder what the cost is to buy and import a t-spec if you can get it registered?
It would be very expensive, I guess you would be sourcing from Japan or Oz. In Oz, they look to be selling for about £300k but let's assume you can get one for £250k, plus import costs VAT/duty etc, you're looking at >£300k. And you still have a green interior 😕

·
Registered
612 Posts
Those articles don't mention the UK but that may be because they originated on the continent, however, the timing fits with the GTR disappearing from the Nissan Uk website. I wonder if the reg changes were the need for an OPF or stricter CO2 levels perhaps.
UK Dealers weren't able to take orders towards late summer last year - Nissan UK would not accept them.
Then a month or so ago Nissan UK told dealers there would not be any cars coming after 1st July (or was it June) this year.
That left those with outstanding, and accepted, orders who I understand have been given delivery dates in May.
I guess the other deadline is to do with all new cars sold in the UK later this year must have a Speed Limiting function and there's nowhere to put that on the existing control configuration plus they dont want to do the ECU reprogramming.
I also heard (but not verified) that there are lower noise limits coming in later this year and again, they would have difficulty complying. The homologation process for new cars to meet new standards is very time consuming (and therefore expensive) and Nissan decided they wouldn't bother...

·
Registered
320 Posts
Discussion Starter · #560 ·
Good post, thanks, John. Those of us with orders are still swinging and have no firm dates yet so interesting to see that you have heard May for deliveries. Fingers crossed.

541 - 560 of 707 Posts