GTR Forum banner
781 - 800 of 830 Posts

·
Premium Member
887 Posts
Nissan are idiots.

I still do not have my car. It was delivered to the dealer in Aberdeen on the 9th of June and all that had to happen before I could take delivery was for the finance approval from 13 months prior to be revalidated. A process that was as simple as re-running the credit check, and something that you would expect to take a day, maybe two. In fact, it took over two weeks and by the time this was done, it was now July.

Problem is that the car had to be registered by the 30th of June before the noise & emission regulation changes. So now the car cannot be registered until Nissan "put the car through derogation", in their incompetent words. Nobody can tell me how long this will take or what is involved.

This is the most expensive new car I have ever bought and about the worst customer service (aside from BA, obviously) that I have had to endure. :mad:
That’s terrible Mondie, hopefully it won’t take too long. At least you will have the last ever registered Gtr in the uk. Hope it gets sorted.

·
Super Moderator
16,311 Posts
Will be worth the wait...though frankly the customer service throughout this whole experience has been patchy at best!

Reactions: mondie

·
Super Moderator
16,311 Posts
Interesting you say that as I was told a blue Nismo was coming to the UK, then someone else said they didn't make them in blue. But anyway they literally couldn't register one here now as Mondie has experienced :(

·
Vendor
4,751 Posts
I can't remember where I saw it posted. The picture was maybe to a underground entrance into a showroom but the car was shaded and you could'nt see it's colour.
I was just repeating what the post said👍

·
Registered
362 Posts
Discussion Starter · #790 ·
Some progress. The car has now passed derogation but is now waiting on an SD card to come from Nissan but nobody knows how long this may take, or what exactly it is.

·
Super Moderator
16,311 Posts
Indeed, if you want one now you'll have to prize it out of the hands of an owner for quite a premium ;)

Reactions: Reano
781 - 800 of 830 Posts