GTR Forum banner
801 - 820 of 830 Posts

·
Super Moderator
16,311 Posts
Saw pictures of a lovely white Nismo at Autotorque yesterday, 22 plate from Nissan Oxford. So clearly there are a few in other parts of the country...apparently he ordered it sometime ago and it recently turned up (probably same time as ours!). Accepting offers around £300K.....:oops:

He said 18 cars had come in total. So more than I thought.

·
Premium Member
887 Posts
Saw pictures of a lovely white Nismo at Autotorque yesterday, 22 plate from Nissan Oxford. So clearly there are a few in other parts of the country...apparently he ordered it sometime ago and it recently turned up (probably same time as ours!). Accepting offers around £300K.....:oops:

He said 18 cars had come in total. So more than I thought.
Be interesting to see if the nismo sells at that price. I think it probably will get very close to that. I believe the owner has had a lot of interest in it.

·
Premium Member
1,261 Posts
If that's chassis 28 out of 28 and the last ever Nismo chassis and/or build its going to be very collectible and that's on top of it being a Nismo which is most collectible of all GT-Rs. Will be interesting to see what happens with it, they look so great in white (y)

·
Premium Member
887 Posts
If that's chassis 28 out of 28 and the last ever Nismo chassis and/or build its going to be very collectible and that's on top of it being a Nismo which is most collectible of all GT-Rs. Will be interesting to see what happens with it, they look so great in white (y)
I would be interested to know what mine would be worth, not that I am looking at selling. Very difficult to put a value on it at present

·
Registered
637 Posts
Is it just me but I dont understand the 28 of 28 claim?
Is the 28 UK MY22 Nismos - sounds high to me...
Or EBA Nismos?
Or all UK Nismos?
Or Worldwide - sounds low.
And Nismo also do the Track Edition chassis and, as I understand, its only the running gear and body panels that differ...
So where has this number come from? And what does it mean?

·
Registered
362 Posts
Discussion Starter · #810 ·
Not sure John, but I could believe 28 worldwide for the very last spec with the exposed carbon bonnet and red ringed alloys.

The differences to a fully optioned TE that I am aware of are 35hp and carbon bumpers, front quarters and bonnet, different spoiler and Alcantara dash/headlining. The TE has the GT3 turbo housings but nobody seems to know if it has the GT3 turbos. But of course, the TE can be had in Bayside Blue :)

·
Super Moderator
16,311 Posts
Yes good question I was wondering that.

As Mondie says the TEs are really Nismos without the bodykit and dash (though possibly the Nismo has GT3 turbos and the TE has hybrids which seems to be the consensus). Had that conversation with Autotorque last week who had my car and this Nismo side by side. Same brakes, interior (bar dash), carbon roof and boot. Supposedly same suspension? So we're really talking not a lot.

Where 28 comes from....maybe there was a run of 28 final cars? Might mean his was the very last Nismo, but on the other hand there are pictures of deliveries in Japan...so maybe last EU Nismo? Maybe 28 Nismos came to UK? Seems possible. Dunno!

·
Premium Member
887 Posts
I believe the special edition nismo had additional work carried out on the engine internals as well.
There definitely is not 28 2020MY onwards nismo’s in the Uk.

·
Premium Member
1,261 Posts
Sure I've read somewhere that the MY2022 Nismo's were limited to 300 worldwide and that you could get either a "standard" one or one with the gloss carbon bonnet etc. 99% went for the latter. So, if true, then the white one on Pistonheads can't be in the 1% "standard".

·
Registered
362 Posts
Discussion Starter · #815 ·
I believe the special edition nismo had additional work carried out on the engine internals as well.
There definitely is not 28 2020MY onwards nismo’s in the Uk.
From the Nismo add on AT - "ENGINE HAS THE FINAL NISSAN NISMO DEVELOPMENT INTERNAL UPGRADE'S, CRANK,FLYWHEEL,CONRODS PISTONS ETC. " Those represent a decent engine revision and its the first time I have seen this mentioned on the MY22's.

On the GT3 split manifolds fitted to the TE, I wonder if the profile of these housings takes the standard turbos or if Nissan has to use the GT3 turbos to fit the housing? And should that be the case, then the TE engine would need a different map too. Nobody seems to have an answer to this

801 - 820 of 830 Posts