GTR Forum banner

81 - 100 of 192 Posts

·
Super Moderator
16,027 Posts
In terms of residuals the TE will be worth a lot more in future years, just a thought.

·
Registered
114 Posts
Discussion Starter · #82 ·
I had considered that as a way of rationlising the price, but if it costs a lot more too so I am not sure there is an angle there I can use against myself to justify it :sneaky:

·
Registered
458 Posts
In terms of residuals the TE will be worth a lot more in future years, just a thought.
I saw a suggestion that Nissan may keep making the GTR into 2023 although that was on FB ... I agree that a stock TE should hold its value really well. I wasn't going to sell mine but the price from WBAC was more than I thought it was worth.

·
Super Moderator
16,027 Posts
Rumours are abound! I've been told last models 2022 and the last revision this year - and some special colours coming...

Reactions: mondie

·
Registered
114 Posts
Discussion Starter · #85 ·
There are issues getting high emissions cars into the UK apparently since we left the EU. Its to do with the CAFE emissions because Nissans sales into the UK are now a standalone target. Nissan came out of this badly because they lost the offset low emissions sales they made into NW Europe. What this means for the numbers of GTR's coming here and for how long is anybody's guess.

·
Super Moderator
16,027 Posts
Well I've taken the decision to secure a build slot for delivery December. Can't resist special editions.

Reactions: mondie

·
Registered
114 Posts
Discussion Starter · #88 ·
what will you be ordering Toni? There is supposed to be an announcement from Nissan within weeks on the changes for MY22.

·
Registered
114 Posts
Discussion Starter · #89 ·
What would be considered essential options on a TE - if I was to order one I would want bayside, Nismo seats and a carbon roof? It is a further 3k for a carbon spoiler or 4.5k with the carbon boot. I am not sure I can justify that, does anybody know if it saves any significant weight and if the spoiler is the same?

I really like the new 9 spoke wheel design on recent TE's but am not keen on them being painted black.

·
Super Moderator
16,027 Posts
I'm going TE all the options. I think if you're going to do it might as well do it all! Spoiler is the same shape but the carbon is a thing of beauty. There is some weight saved...

·
Registered
114 Posts
Discussion Starter · #91 ·
The carbon brakes are actually 'cheap' relative to the cost of some of the other options. They would be horrendously expensive to replace though and that puts me off.

·
Super Moderator
16,027 Posts
Yes but it's only every several tens of thousands of miles?

·
Premium Member
786 Posts
I had considered that as a way of rationlising the price, but if it costs a lot more too so I am not sure there is an angle there I can use against myself to justify it :sneaky:
I wouldn’t bother using angles to justify the purchase. Just buy what you can afford and what you want.

·
Registered
114 Posts
Discussion Starter · #96 ·
Any idea on the replacement cost of the OEM rotors and pads Skint, and the aftermarket alternative?

The decision isn't about what I can afford, but what represents good value. That's where I struggle with some of the TE options and value the opinions of those who own one.

·
Registered
449 Posts
I have spent the last couple of weeks, and several sheets of paper, writing the pros and cons of buying a MY21 TE. Also the pros and cons of not buying one. Interestingly the pros of one arent always the same as the cons of the other, and vice versa.
I'm not going to list all that here as it will vary by each persons circumstances.
What I will pass on is one of the cons of not buying that kept coming up was that I'd regret it if I didnt take this opportunity...

·
Registered
114 Posts
Discussion Starter · #99 ·
Thats not so bad compared to Porsche and BMW, so 5k for rotors plus another 2k or so for pads for all 4 corners?

·
Vendor
3,385 Posts
I would use pagid pads, much cheaper.

Ive seen claims of 100 k on the discs but I suppose it comes down to how you drive it, 50k seems more realistic, 3/4 better than steels

81 - 100 of 192 Posts