GTR Forum banner

101 - 120 of 192 Posts

·
Super Moderator
16,027 Posts
I have spent the last couple of weeks, and several sheets of paper, writing the pros and cons of buying a MY21 TE. Also the pros and cons of not buying one. Interestingly the pros of one arent always the same as the cons of the other, and vice versa.
I'm not going to list all that here as it will vary by each persons circumstances.
What I will pass on is one of the cons of not buying that kept coming up was that I'd regret it if I didnt take this opportunity...
Pictures then c'mon I know you bought it. :D

Reactions: Will64

·
Registered
114 Posts
Discussion Starter · #103 ·
Continuing the TE discussion this TE for sale at Litchfields looks like good value, even has the Nismo seats:

An interesting list of differences to the standard car that I haven't seen listed before:
  • Wider front track
  • Wider front wings
  • Seam welded and reinforced chassis
  • Larger hubs and wheel studs
  • Nismo front suspension arms
  • Nismo/Bilstein damptronic suspension
  • Hollow upgraded anti roll bars
  • Lightweight and wider Nismo forged alloy wheels (-2.5kg each)
It's only about 12k more than a standard MY19 car. If it was later in the year I could have been tempted.

·
Registered
301 Posts
For the money those seats are really underwhelming. Can get far nicer from Sparco and Cobra; the latter could likely stitch in the GTR logo too.

·
Registered
458 Posts
Continuing the TE discussion this TE for sale at Litchfields looks like good value, even has the Nismo seats:

An interesting list of differences to the standard car that I haven't seen listed before:
  • Wider front track
  • Wider front wings
  • Seam welded and reinforced chassis
  • Larger hubs and wheel studs
  • Nismo front suspension arms
  • Nismo/Bilstein damptronic suspension
  • Hollow upgraded anti roll bars
  • Lightweight and wider Nismo forged alloy wheels (-2.5kg each)
It's only about 12k more than a standard MY19 car. If it was later in the year I could have been tempted.
Its pretty much a Nismo with 30 less bhp and without the nice dials and steering wheel. A mild tune gets you way above 600 bhp and you don't have to pay the ludicrous premium. Prices for the TE are on the rise.

·
Vendor
3,385 Posts
The te never really got recognition for what it is. I think long term they will show it. If your somebody who does’nt keep a car a long time then I would’nt bother.

·
Vendor
3,385 Posts
There was a track edition identical to the one in Litchfields at sytners coventry for a while and could’nt make £75k. It Had been marketed for ages at gve in London and then turned up at Sydney’s.

From memory it had been ceramic coated,ppf film and had diamond chequered mats in the car and boot.

I bet it’s the same car.

·
Registered
458 Posts
The te never really got recognition for what it is. I think long term they will show it. If your somebody who does’nt keep a car a long time then I would’nt bother.
The track edition is a serious bit of kit. With a 4.25 tune and a Russ Fellows exhaust it sounds like thunder and is mighty on track.

·
Vendor
3,385 Posts
As a road car I doupt you’ll see any difference to a normal Gtr as the road conditions are at the best s..t

Once on track all the little extras you’ve paid for should come into there own.

·
Registered
155 Posts
So is anyone aware of what the updates on MY22 will be if any or is it wishful thinking their will be? Please share if you can/know of any. Thanks

·
Registered
114 Posts
Discussion Starter · #112 ·
So is anyone aware of what the updates on MY22 will be if any or is it wishful thinking their will be? Please share if you can/know of any. Thanks
I've heard some new colours and tech changes. Hopefully, they have a surprise up their sleeve.

·
Registered
114 Posts
Discussion Starter · #113 ·
For the money those seats are really underwhelming. Can get far nicer from Sparco and Cobra; the latter could likely stitch in the GTR logo too.
I think I agree, they look poor value but I have never seen them in person. Originally, I would have gone for them if ordering a TE, now I am thinking the money is better going to carbon brakes and carbon boot/spoiler.

·
Super Moderator
16,027 Posts
The new seats are a lot different to the black ones in this older TE.

·
Vendor
3,385 Posts
There’s no doubting the seats are lovely and if I was in a position to buy a new one then they would be on the list.
Ive given the seats more thought and got a price on some new ones and let me tell you there a mega bargain fitted from the factory rather than retro fitted.

Anyway, anybody who’s buying good luck and get as many extras as you can👍😊

·
Registered
449 Posts
I was told yesterday that the option seats give you an extra 1.5inches of legroom behind. So if you have any friends or relatives with flat legs they will be really pleased - feet quite like blood circulation!

101 - 120 of 192 Posts