GTR Forum banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
442 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
hi everyone,

I'm after a bit of advice, i own a R33 GTR and i've just got myself some new wheels (Kei D-1 18x9.5 wrapped in 265/35/18) sorted!!!
My new Tein super street come's on friday and will be fitted there and then, again sorted!!!
but i can't help notice how recessed and none aggresive the wheel's look, so now to buy spacers, i'm thinking 15mm or 20mm,
Can anyone tell me will these scrub the tyre's?
Will 15mm/20mm be enough?
What's the maximum size spacer i can get away with fitting?

Thank's for your time,
Mark

·
Registered
465 Posts
I'm doing Te37 18x9.5 275/35/18 w/ zero offset, lowered on HKS coilovers, fronts clear fine, except slow sharp turns, rears will have to roll the fenders. Hope that helps.

·
Registered
430 Posts
I doubt they would scrub but they would fill the arches better with a spacer. That's a bit lower than most of the Jap wheels. You could probably get away with a 20mm spacer bringing the offset to 15. You're best with a bolt on spacer IMO, rather than extended bolts. RB motorsport keep some I think.

·
Registered
430 Posts
Yeah Rod Bell had them when I last spoke to him. AFAIK the minimum is about 20mm for a bolt on spacer. They're not cheap, about £200 a set.

My wheels are 9*17 with +15 offset, running 255/40 tyres, R33 GTR. It runs a fair bit lower than standard and there's plenty of room in the arches. Don't think you'll have a problem running the same offset with a 265 tyre, worse case you might need your rear arches rolled. If you can get down to Rod I'm sure he'd let you try a set before you buy.

1 - 13 of 13 Posts