GTR Forum banner

Will this offset/size wheel fit a GTR?

2K views 21 replies 14 participants last post by  SteveN 
#1 ·
Afternoon all, will wheels in 18x9.5 with an offset of 20 and stud diameter of 114 fit an R33 GTR, I spose the rears will, but what about the fronts? too wide? and if they are can you get wider front wings for a GTR? I'd love big fat 245's and 285's on it.

Cheers for any advice,

Andy

#3 ·
so I can deffo fit 9.5's on the front?, how mega is that gonna look! anyone got any pics? I'm changing to coilovers so that'll prob help too?

Andy

#4 ·
i had 20inch alloys on my R33GTR 10j's with 255/30/20 all round and they fitted ok, totally messed up the handling but looked different, and ran a 12.9 at 370bhp on the 20's.

trust me and stick with the same size tyres all round pref 275/35/18 in your case if you have different size tyres it will mess your 4wd up and the 4wd light on the dashborad will start having a fit.

ive now got 17" blitz wheels on mine but with spacers as the offset wasnt right, H&R do some excellent kits PM me if you want more info on the spacers.

#6 ·
So I can fit 275's on the front yeh? does it still turn in well? I'm gonna prob go for them then,cheers for the advice. any other advice from anyone?

Andy

#5 ·
People did tell you about 20" and the adverse effects but did you listen?:D

Max size would be 19"s that will ensure the handling still stays ok. People say you shouldnt use more than 17"s on a 32, I dont understand teh logic behind this the later model also had 17"s and people use 18's and 19"s all the time.. I Personally think that on any GTR 18's 19's would be fine as long as you get the correct offset.

#17 ·
People say you shouldnt use more than 17"s on a 32, I dont understand teh logic behind this the later model also had 17"s and people use 18's and 19"s all the time.. I Personally think that on any GTR 18's 19's would be fine as long as you get the correct offset.
my r32 has 18" R34 alloys with 255/35/18 's on there. Definitely looks cool, but the ride and handling is undoubtedly better on 17". :thumbsup:

This topic has been done extensively before. :blahblah: 18" looks nice but compromises on roadholding.

#8 ·
Tyres

Yip, im running 10x 18" alloys with an offset of 17 with 265x35x18 tyres with no rubbing at all, lowered on Tein coilovers...

#9 ·
what tyres you running, does it turn in OK? and will it still slide about with that grip? I spose it's alot better with more grip as I must admit my car does understeer a fair bit on roundabouts etc before the rear breaks traction.

Andy

#10 ·
Tyres

I get full turn lock to lock. Running the Falken FK451`s that i got hold off before they stopped making them...Now make FK452 instead which arent meant to be quite as good.

#13 ·
the old offsets things always confuses me, does that mean they're nearer the arches than a 20 offset or nearer the shocks?

Andy

#15 ·
well i always like to try different things thats why i went for the 20s, personally id stick with either 275 or 265 and you should be fine on the turn in and lock to lock it will still slide if you push it hard enough but in the dry it will grip very nicely, ive got michelen piolet sports on mine and they are far better in my opinion than the bridgestones i had previously. JUST make sure you have same size tryes on all round, dont listen to what some tyre fitters will say i.e "275-45-18 on the rear and 255-40-18 on the front will be fine" they wont trust me ive gone through 4 sets of alloys and 6 lots of 4 tyres and now im happy with what i got.

#16 ·
Oh no, not the tyre and wheel size debate all over again !!! Nissan spent an absolute fortune on marrying the correct wheel size with the engine, gear ratio’s drive and transmission and now your gonna fcuk it all up with bigger wheels and tyres!!
Ok Ok Ok, if your gonna be a show off then big shiny wheels are nice, but if your going to any serious track work stick with what Nissan recommended and put on the car !!

#20 ·
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.