GTR Forum banner
1 - 20 of 27 Posts

·
Registered
14 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
hi all

just read the post where the guy had to pay for pedestrian safety system fixed 11k.

i did the same hitting the plastic sign on traffic island.

have really small scratch 3 cm above led lights but my bonnet popped out.

Anyone know garage around london to fix it good but reasonably priced?

many thanks

·
Premium Member
8,019 Posts
No, it's nowhere near that expensive.
That old story was wrong and a big scare story.

Get the price of the parts from a Nissan dealer and it's around £2.5k for the three sensors, two rams and the ECU. The latter apparently self destructs when activated...

Because I was concerned about this I actually priced the parts up before I bought my MY10 last year and as I said it's around two to three grand tops.

Whereabouts around London are you located?

I know a few garages that can do it, but when the work is done the car has to go to Nissan HPC to be reset.

3,666 Posts
I know a few garages that can do it, but when the work is done the car has to go to Nissan HPC to be reset.
Doesn't need to go to a dealer to be reset now. Bolt the bits on reset the light using EcuTek.

·
Registered
352 Posts
hi all

just read the post where the guy had to pay for pedestrian safety system fixed 11k.

i did the same hitting the plastic sign on traffic island.

have really small scratch 3 cm above led lights but my bonnet popped out.

Anyone know garage around london to fix it good but reasonably priced?

many thanks
Also have a really close look at your bonnet for slight buckling or warping. Especially at the rear. Mine needed replacing. (although the HPC didn't initially spot the damage....)

·
Registered
1,658 Posts
I feel lucky now as the pigeon I hit has cracked all the paint work between the grill and bonnet, it broke the grill and made a small crack into the bumper but didn't deploy and I was a 60mph road doing at least that to say the least.

Interesting to know where these detection zones are on the car, obviously in your case the car has assumed you've just taken out someones shins and it's preparing for a body to land on the bonnet.

Someone else mentioned that it's possible they don't deploy at 'x' speed as it's pointless ie. and hopefully it'll never happen if you take a person out who stumbles into the road at say 80mph whether the bonnet pops up or not really isn't going to make much difference. Anyone know truth in this? (the speed side of things not the chances of survival running into someone at 80mph).

·
Registered
14 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
No, it's nowhere near that expensive.
That old story was wrong and a big scare story.

Get the price of the parts from a Nissan dealer and it's around £2.5k for the three sensors, two rams and the ECU. The latter apparently self destructs when activated...

Because I was concerned about this I actually priced the parts up before I bought my MY10 last year and as I said it's around two to three grand tops.

Whereabouts around London are you located?

thanks all for quick reply

im from Wembley so if You know any good garages NW London to do that Let me know please.

was thinking to do white wrapping and fit carbon spoiler at the same time any garage will do both?

thanks

·
Registered
2,710 Posts
I am in East London, running a fleet so use a place near Leyton.
If you want it wrapped I'd reccommend Robbie at Valet Magic. He is in Camberley, Surrey. Not that far from you and probably knows someone to sort the bodywork too.

Home - Valet Magic
Thanks Rich.

I hace spoken to the OP in regards to sorting his car out :thumbsup:

·
Registered
14 Posts
Discussion Starter · #17 ·
You will need the two bonnet hinge rams, the ECU and between one and three of the front sensors, depending if they have all been activated.
thanks CT

Asif

1 sensor i thing because only small scratch and hit on the left side,

what you have from this things listed above and price please?

thanks

·
Premium Member
440 Posts
Here is the list of parts you need regarding the SM. (Maybe you can knock of a 1000 of the bill by save the old front sensors, but that's depend theon the damage) I hope this helps :)
  • Pop-up engine hood actuator (LH/RH)
  • Hood hinge(LH/RH)
  • Pop-up engine hood control unit
  • Hood lock stay
  • Bumper sensor (LH,Center and RH)
Regards Sly

·
Registered
14 Posts
Discussion Starter · #20 ·
Here is the list of parts you need regarding the SM. (Maybe you can knock of a 1000 of the bill by save the old front sensors, but that's depend theon the damage) I hope this helps :)
  • Pop-up engine hood actuator (LH/RH)
  • Hood hinge(LH/RH)
  • Pop-up engine hood control unit
  • Hood lock stay
  • Bumper sensor (LH,Center and RH)
Regards Sly
Sly can you give price for parts and job done? your garage looks deece nissan didnt call me back so i may come to you?

1 - 20 of 27 Posts