GTR Forum banner

1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Registered
2,548 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Anyone got a good paint shop that can do a good job with a Window out full body respray.

What type of cost will I be looking for a good proper job?

I am located in Kent.

·
GTROC Co-Founder.
6,598 Posts
I got a quote last week in Essex for £3k :eek: plus anything he may find along the way. :(

This did not include new badges or window rubbers which would need replacing if your doing the job propoerly.

Looking at his work it would make it one of, if not THE cleanest 32 in the UK, but a lot of dosh on an old car. He would want back to metal on most panels and spray everything seperatly be fore putting it back together. He said even the door shuts would be better than any panel I have now.

I'm still mulling it over.

·
Premium Member
1,415 Posts
i,ve just had some work done on my r34gtr all glassout/doors/boot/bonnet/skirts/bumpers off and i can assure you scotts getting a bit nearer to the sort of money you will have to pay for a top job,you may get abit of a blow over for a £1000 or a good job if your mate owns the body shop .but just look at labour rates if it,s £50 per hour that only gets you 20 hours work ,it will take you longer than that just to strip all the bits of properly and refit ,just take a look at how much proper paint/thinners/laquire costs .good quility body work is very very expensive and time consumming :wavey: NISMOMAN

·
Registered
1,368 Posts
I've just had everything on my car painted (including rocker & cam cover) except roof, drivers door & 2 rear wings (pics soon) in MPII the paint cost me £760 for two litres from Abbey MS & the labour for the bodyshop has cost me a staggering £1600!!! they did take the bumper & all the skirts off to paint though.

Looks mint now!:eek:

·
Registered
2,076 Posts
For a COMPLETE strip down respray, including door shuts, boot shut and front wing returns, we'd charge £2,800 plus paint. Thats doesn't include new window trims, badges etc.

If someone gives you a price including paint beware, laquer alone varies from £30 to £200 per gallon, and if it's coming out of the profits, you can imagine which they'd use! ;)

Alex B

·
Banned
1,306 Posts
You pays for what you get guys ...

every ones on the cheap ...dont work with painting cars chaps

cheers Gaz

·
Premium Member
5,650 Posts
I am extremely fortunate,

I am sponsored by one of the best bodyshops in england, and my friend owns another place that is of the same quality. They have both done loads of work that been in the mags, won "best paint" and so on at countless shows.

Fulford Motorsport
http://www.fulfordmotorsport.com/

Bibby Bodystyling
01206-272724

Hope that helps.

Oh they are both in Colchester, Essex.

J.

·
Vendor
2,987 Posts
We can offer different respray packages from £1400 full car respray in same colour to £2000+ for a complete colour change, price depends on paint used.

Here are some of our customers cars:

We are in Milton Keynes M1 J14

Normally require the car for at least 1 week for the full job and we are currently taking bookings 2 weeks in advance.

Please contact us for further details regarding your paint job.

Regards
Albert

·
Registered
148 Posts
BEWARE chep quotes!! ive 20 years in the job will cost £2500+++ for a good job and at least 10 days!!:) :) P.S dont forget the V.A.T good luck.

·
Vendor
2,987 Posts
Agreed.

Thats why we state AT LEAST a week for the work, and we offer different stages of resprays from £1400.00.

Anyone who is thinking of a respray can contact us directly on [email protected], and we will discuss on what exactly you need and give you a more accurate quote depending on your needs and paint.

Regards
Albert

·
Premium Member
1,415 Posts
like some one said you get what you pay for,the cars in the pictures are ok if thats what you want,it looks to me the windows and lights are still in on some of the pictures .to me thats just a blow over and i think £1400 is a fair price for that sort of a job.when my car was painted every panel was removed and painted,every thing removed from the body lights/glass/trim etc etc,theres a vast differance ,also im told it depends on panel materials,and a very big factor is the finish you reqiure on your paint work.:wavey: NISMOMAN

·
Registered
749 Posts
RESPRAY..

I agree with Nismoman back in january when i had my car resprayed in the original colour it cost me approx £1460 plus me to supply paint (Glasurit) cost£520 to trade, windscreen rubbers front and rear £250 approx and i removed all the badges and spoilers, skirts, f/r lights etc but i did get a perfect finish.
p.s i resprayed my own vehicle!;)

·
Registered
1,398 Posts
If you want the BEST in the UK, then MW Bodyshop are absolute prefectionists.
They regularly do resprays to priceless Bentley & Rolls Royce Classics, Exotic Sports cars, etc. They also recently built an all alloy wide bodied Silvia S13 in blue with a carbon laminated roof. Close up, anyone who's seen that car will agree the quality's perfect.

This company is the one we chose to spray our racecar project - Hopefully to be unveiled this year.

They're certainly not cheap - But perfection never is.

Map of Mw Bodyshop NN12 7UF United Kingdom | Multimap.com

Miguel.

·
Registered
325 Posts
Thanks Miguel, it's recommendations like this that make reading (and contributing) to this forum so worthwhile.

Here's the piccies of the S13 that a quick google provided me with:

Very impressive. Details here.

Although their website doesn't work (forgot to register domain name, doh!) all the contact details that I can find for them on the web seem to agree on:

Unit 14, Stilebrook Road Olney MK465EA. Tel: 01234 715554

Not Moorend Road, Yardly Gobion NN12 7UF as specified by Miguel's link above. Miguel?

1 - 16 of 16 Posts