GTR Forum banner

1 - 20 of 21 Posts

·
Registered
4,145 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Considering tinting the windows on my R34

Firstly i'd like to know if anyone has first hand experience of any companies in and around the West London area or NW London.

I have considered Pentagon Tint, who i've only heard good things about

Secondly if anyone has any negative points about this.

Thirdly if i should get all of them done in one shade, or go darker for the rear three?

·
Registered
4,145 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
What & conceal that lovely Robson leather interior:eek:

Don't do it Virdee!

Regards,

Dave;)
I'll leave the front windscreen for people to peek at the Robson retrim!!!

I'm still in 2 minds, but being a black car, it seems something is missing. TBH i only want a really light tint...

·
Registered
1,179 Posts
I had my previous car tinting done at Pentagon Auto Tint in London, (Acton I think it was), and they did a truly fantastic job. Absolutely flawless. It made me feel a bit happier leaving the car with them when their facility was filled with brand new BMW X5s and Mercs from the local dealers.

Prices might be a bit higher than most though, but I was happy to pay it considering the quality of the work.

·
Registered
4,145 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Yeh i have witnessed several cars done by Pentagon, and the Acton bracnch at that, and there has never been any dodgy workmanship.

Now just not sure whether to get only the rears done, or get the whole car done...??

·
Real men use a H-Pattern.
12,033 Posts
Try Scott at Abbey mate. I recently had mine done there are they turned out really well. I only had the rears done.

·
Premium Member
4,976 Posts
Dude, you've seen the tints on my car ...

I have a light smoke at the front, dark smoke for the rears and back screen.
All legal and a fine job done by Pentagon in Acton.

·
Registered
2,038 Posts
How badly do you want to look like a wannabe-gangster?

At least keep them all the same shade, GT-R vans aren't that cool ...

Phil

·
Registered
597 Posts
Had mine done by a pro, assumed at the time it was metallic based? not plastic? (theres a thread somewhere here explaining), however, it wasn't and its now has a purple hue to it which i'm not keen on. My fault for not checking but the price wasn't bad (maybe half of Pentagon?), but am considering having it redone one day.

Went for medium (out of three choices), but could do with going darker, but the next grade was dark, and having driven cars where visibility was near zero at night, this wasn't an option.

personally, i'll go same shade all round (more cohesive look to side glass area), and a shade similar to factory fit on Ford Galaxies.

·
Real men use a H-Pattern.
12,033 Posts
How badly do you want to look like a wannabe-gangster?

At least keep them all the same shade, GT-R vans aren't that cool ...

PMSL. I reckon just the rears done looks better than all done, especially on darker cars. It's all down to taste (or lack off).

·
Registered
4,145 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
Thanks for all the opinions and feedback guys

Car is booked in with Pentagon on Monday.

Having light smoke on all windows.

Don't want to be a "wannabe gangster" and getting only the rears done, didn't appeal to me. Thought it may look odd

·
Registered
3,029 Posts
Be careful of the law. A mate failed his first MOT as his tinted windows let in less than 60% of the light so make sure it's legal.

·
Registered
4,145 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
I'm going for "light smoke" which AFAIK is the lightest they do. So shouldn't be an issue with the law.

As for price; got mates rates; £250 for the whole car!!!

·
Registered
4,145 Posts
Discussion Starter #17
I personally like the look of tinted rear and back quarters....very Tokyo :cool:
I personally feel this looks odd, and getting the whole car done in one shade will make it look more classy

Getting the rears done is very Jap-stylee!! Not saying it don't look good.

I just can't imagine smoked rears and then a clear normal front windows, if you get me. Wouldn't look right IMHO

·
Registered
4,145 Posts
Discussion Starter #19
Yeah totally understand that.

Maybe I haven't worded myself correctly

But I think OEM have to deal with the law aswell, hence not tinting the front ones from factory

1 - 20 of 21 Posts