GTR Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
1,460 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Just discovered I have a starfish crack in my windscreen (near top). It hasn't gone right through. Diameter is about 2cm. It is repairable and where to go to get it done?

Cheers

·
Registered
238 Posts
look in local autotrader etc for a local windscreen repair co, most areas have a few now. i've seen them do the repairs (just!) and they are almost invisible.

can't remeber franchise name off top will post it up if i remember.
rgds

·
Registered
865 Posts
For the sake of £50 get a new one via your insurance, make the crack worse! lol

Most autofactors sell a kit u can buy and do it yourself, but again all depends on how bad it is, 2cm may not sound much but may be enough. Places like autowindscreen etc can do it via your windscreen cover on your insurance also.

·
Registered
1,591 Posts
TRY RAC AUTOWINDSCREENS SHOULD BE COVERED BY YOUR INSURER REPAIR IS FREE CHANGE SCREEN 50QUID XS.
THEY CHANGED MY SCREEN AND WELL HAPPY VERY TIDY JOB.

TONY

·
Registered
961 Posts
dont they (some kind of windscreen place ) do what called silicon filling on the screens better than a hole new screen coz it dont touch your insurence and its abou 40-50 quid and up to tree fills i think

·
Registered
1,460 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Thanks Guys.

I suppose I will do it through the insurance then rather than the repair kit.
Can you specify windscreens that have a band of light blue/green tint going across the top for sun glare and pay extra?

·
Registered
1,591 Posts
DONT WORRY ABOUT IT JUST TELL THEM IT HAS IT ON THERE AND WHEN THE GUYS COME TO REPLACE IT IF THE SAY ANYTHING JUST GIVE THEM A TIP AND TELL THEM TO SHUT UP.:D :D :D ITS WORKED FOR ME BEFORE.

TONY

1 - 8 of 8 Posts