GTR Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Premium Member
349 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Both my windscreen washers and headlight washers have stopped working on my 2010 MY. Wipers work fine. I have washer fluid and the bottle is not leaking.

From advice in previous posts I've tried to listen for a pump whirring but can't hear anything. I've read that there are two pumps (one white - wipers, one black - headlight washers)? and if so, it seems strange both have packed up at the same time, so I'm hoping its a fuse BUT which one(s) do I need to check first before I open up the wheel well to get to the pump(s)?

I've looked at the fusebox in the engine compartment and checked the 45A one but its OK. I noticed there's a blue relay in there too, but haven't checked that. On an earlier thread someone suggested it was Fuse 47 in the IPDM that I need to check (10A). Can anyone tell me which location this is in please? Inner footwell fusebox, engine fusebox or someplace else? Tried Google but couldn't find this info for the R35. Thanks in advance.

·
Premium Member
349 Posts
Discussion Starter #2
Bit of an update on this, I located the IPDM. I thought there was only one fuse box by the battery but there are two. The larger IPDM box towards the left of the battery and the smaller box towards the right. I had only checked the smaller box. As it looks awkward to open the IPDM - can't easily access the lower fastener without removing the battery - I'll get it looked at by a Master Technician. Filmed car from the front to see if the headlight washers opened/worked, but they didn't. However, CAN hear the pump whirring (picks up noise on camera) so I'm definitely thinking its something else other than the pump.

·
Vendor
1,800 Posts
Your correct in stating there is two pumps (uk version) and correct stating the white one is for the screen and black one for the headlight washes.

I find it strange that both stopped working at the same time, but anyway just whip off the nsf wheel and wheel arch liner (front section) and you have access To the pumps.

The windscreen pump can be purchased off ebay cheaply, think the early navara is same pump but I have not seen the other pump for sale that does the washer jets.

just wire a direct 12 volt supply to either one to see if they work.

·
Premium Member
349 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Thanks Skint, I'm going to give this a go. The pumps look to be about £35 off eBay so might be a nice cheap and easy fix if I can sort it.

Confession time folks: I've been a donut - the headlight washers DO work. I didn't realise they only spray when the head lights are on(!) :rolleyes:

·
Vendor
1,800 Posts
The screen wash pumps go regular,first one I changed was 5yrs ago on a 2010 model.
I wonder if water gets into parts where it should’nt.

·
Premium Member
122 Posts
My windscreen washers stopped working although the headlight ones worked and it turned out to be a plastic y-connector that had broken up under the plastic trim beneath the windscreen, became so brittle that it just fell apart. I got a replacement for £3 off eBay and it’s worked fine since.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts