GTR Forum banner
1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
302 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Is it just my car or has anybody else found that when the windscreen wipers are left in autoMatic that sometimes they come on in bright sunshine!! :confused:

·
Registered
2,426 Posts
Are you sure that it's not that a bug or something has hit the car where the sensor is? Never happened to mine (other than the obligatory single wipe when you start the car)

·
Premium Member
1,550 Posts
Are you sure that it's not that a bug or something has hit the car where the sensor is? Never happened to mine (other than the obligatory single wipe when you start the car)
Not happened here either.
Does the single wipe only occur if the car's been rained on when parked up as I'm sure mine doesn't do this all the time!

·
Registered
2,426 Posts
Well, I leave the wipers in auto and they always do the single wipe each time I start the car. Not sure if it's just mine but it doesn't have to have rained beforehand for this to happen.

·
Premium Member
1,550 Posts
Well, I leave the wipers in auto and they always do the single wipe each time I start the car. Not sure if it's just mine but it doesn't have to have rained beforehand for this to happen.
Thanks, I'll conduct some proper testing!

·
Premium Member
5,887 Posts
mines never done this on startup

tho mine has wiped in bright sunlight say once a month.. I've always thought maybe a fat-ass bug hit the rain sensors top middle of the windscreen.. no biggie..

·
Registered
413 Posts
Mine do this too, though it annoys me as I don't like the idea of wipers dragging across a dry, dirty screen!

·
Registered
413 Posts
Is it just my car or has anybody else found that when the windscreen wipers are left in autoMatic that sometimes they come on in bright sunshine!! :confused:
The owners manual for my BMW Z4 said that sun low on the horizon could trigger them, but it's never happened in the GT-R.

·
Registered
470 Posts
Happens to mine too so your not alone, normally if I make a turn into the sun they'll wipe the screen, deffo no bugs
Mine also wipes the screen on start up even if it's dry

·
Registered
302 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
Thanks guys for the info mine do a single wipe if you're coming out of shade into sunlight not all the time and a single wipe on start-up I think that is the norm.

·
Registered
470 Posts
I just take mine off auto, its no hardship just pushing a stalk when it rains lol

1 - 13 of 13 Posts