GTR Forum banner
1 - 20 of 102 Posts

·
Premium Member
7,641 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Just checked my wipers and my passenger side has popped up in the middle so I need 2 new blades..

Anybody got any idea where to buy them from rather than the HPCs?

Cheers!

·
Registered
765 Posts
I don't know where to get them from but mine are streaking already after just two months. Pretty poor show really. Are they crap quality or what?.

·
Premium Member
7,641 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
I have no idea how mine bent but hey ho!

Just ordered 2 sets from MH....

I wonder how much GTR tax will be on them!?

·
Premium Member
7,641 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Holy flickin GTR tax Batman!

Quoted for each wiper part...

Passenger side £33 + vat

Driver side £110 + vat!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

I am stunned.....

·
Registered
135 Posts

·
Premium Member
7,641 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Only concern is the picture doesnt look like ours, so I hope it just means that's a generic picture.

Unfortunately I need one for Friday as I'm driving down to Millbrook....

·
Registered
680 Posts
Holy hell that is terrible!!!

I just ordered a GTR branded indoor car cover from the US, worked out around £185. Gotta be better than a plain one for £195!

·
Registered
93 Posts
I used to use the PIAA silicon wipers on my 350z's which were superb. Used to get them from one of the traders on nissansportz ( big phil)

wonder if they do a GT-R fit?

·
Registered
2,582 Posts
I used to use the PIAA silicon wipers on my 350z's which were superb. Used to get them from one of the traders on nissansportz ( big phil)

wonder if they do a GT-R fit?
I have spoken to Piaa UK today! Watch this space:chuckle:

Dave:wavey:

·
Registered
816 Posts
Yup Piaa on the £4 and they were fantastic, so lets hope so they do some :), £110!!! just told my Supra owning mate, who's always ribbing me how big the car is, made a point with "But the wipers are like!? 2 meters wide each! :p " :rolleyes:

·
Premium Member
1,327 Posts
I 've never really used my wipers with rain-x. Drove in some really crappy whether n all. Must prolong blade life ten fold.

Does work best at speed though. Infact the faster you go, the clearer it becomes, which hasnt really been a problem with this car for some reason.

Apply it to all my vehicles. Absolute godsend on the works van, which can do 1000 miles a week.

·
Premium Member
1,327 Posts
RainX doesn't work so well when you do use your wipers though, does it?
The key is regular re-application, works van applied once weekly. Cars dependant on what weather has been like. Usually re-apply minimum one month intervals.

·
Registered
28 Posts
Any news on when a set will be available for the R35?

I've used PIAA wipers on Scoobs for years and never had a problem.

I'm already getting lines with the standard pair on the R35...

·
Registered
159 Posts
I have a two week old car, and the wipers smear like a two year old. They can't be worn out, and hence must just be crap from new. I do not see the point in replacing them with more standard Nissan blades, and would be very interested in any better aftermarket items.

1 - 20 of 102 Posts