GTR Forum banner

1 - 20 of 37 Posts

·
Premium Member
8,829 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi Guys

I am in the process of trying to have my windscreen replaced by Autoglass, however, I am requesting a "proper" one from Mr Nissan, has anyone gone around this loop ? I am now into my second day of chasing AG and am hanging on while they call my local AG Branch to find out if they have one :confused:

Surley AG just get one from Nissan rather than the Chinese copies they generally use ??

Any idea how much a genuine Nissan GTR Windscreen is, if I need to purchase one myself ? (and then claim back)

·
Registered
1,647 Posts
Apparently Middlehurst is around £900 for an OEM one and they will know how to remove them without destroying your pillar trims.

·
Premium Member
8,829 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Cheers Andy

I have checked policy and should be OK, if not i will pay the extra :-(

·
Premium Member
8,829 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Why I don't need to warm my hands I have a heater in the car!!!

BUT I do need a good Dent Doctor type of chappie as I have just cleaned car and found a "ding" which is small but I know it's there

Anyone recommend one in the Berkshire area?

·
Registered
470 Posts
mines being done Thursday by ag
I just assumed it was a Nissan screen : /

·
Registered
2,360 Posts
Why I don't need to warm my hands I have a heater in the car!!!
True lol, I absolutely hate heated front screens, the lines piss the hell off out of me, can always see them.

Steve said:
BUT I do need a good Dent Doctor type of chappie as I have just cleaned car and found a "ding" which is small but I know it's there

Anyone recommend one in the Berkshire area?
I can highly recommend Steve the Dentpusher, but he's based in the Bath area, not sure if he travels as far as you but worth a call 07849 432721. He did some bonnet dents on my last GTR after some twat walked on the bonnet, and got them out 100% perfect.

·
Registered
818 Posts
I wonder why it matters? I mean everyone goes out of their way to fit non Nissan after market parts on just about every other mod, don't they?
The one from Auto glass is slightly smaller than a Nissan one and has been known to create a problem with wind noise!

·
Premium Member
8,829 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
And leaks!

·
Premium Member
8,829 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
True lol, I absolutely hate heated front screens, the lines piss the hell off out of me, can always see them.

I can highly recommend Steve the Dentpusher, but he's based in the Bath area, not sure if he travels as far as you but worth a call 07849 432721. He did some bonnet dents on my last GTR after some twat walked on the bonnet, and got them out 100% perfect.
Too far away !!

·
Registered
777 Posts

Walked on the bonnet?!!

·
Registered
470 Posts
Il let you know tomorrow as there fitting it in the morning
Will I need a bucket on my lap now to catch the rain and will the wind ruin my beaufont hair style lol

·
Registered
470 Posts
It's fine fella no problem at all, no wind noise or anything

·
Premium Member
8,829 Posts
Discussion Starter #18
O some quick info on a R35 GTR windscreen MAKE SUE YOU GET AN OEM ONE !!! and a F'in good fitter - ask if they have fitted them before ect

·
Premium Member
3,733 Posts
My autoglass screen was perfect, chap was devastated and almost in tears when he cracked my trim with final clip.

Manager was dead nice and they replaced fully, painted, ordered from Nissan part (toke three months) the entire part with no questions at all.

They did say that the screen was the second most expensive on their files.....to a Rolls Rolls Phantom!!!

·
Premium Member
8,829 Posts
Discussion Starter #20
Screens are £600 for early cars and £1300 for later cars ???? dunno why ??? Mr Rip off Nissan again ????

1 - 20 of 37 Posts