GTR Forum banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
6,129 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
The local council have decided that all the roads into the town centre needed to be gritted (!!). Travelling into work this morning (slowly), a stone must have flicked up from another car and hit my screen, as i now have a large chunk out of it with 2 rather large cracks running down it.

Has anyone here had to have the windscreen replaced ? I believe the Jap ones take ages and are bloody expensive, whereas the UK spec one should be readily available, and be considerably cheaper...can anyone confirm this ?

Also, am i right in thinking i should be able to simply go to one of the local windscreen places to get it sorted ?

Cheers,
Daz

·
Registered
2,378 Posts
yeah, had to have mine done...you can get the jap screen and yes it takes a while to get here...I got a uk one without the in built sun screen and it dont really look any different...well not now there is a huuuuuuuuuuuuge Hiteq sunscreen:D careful on the colour though as they had to replace mine as they initially used the wrong colour...I think there is blue and bronze...mine was bronze....used autowindscreens and they were good

·
Registered
6,129 Posts
Discussion Starter #3 (Edited)
Cheers Lisa,

Out of interest, how much did the new screen cost ? and what did you actually ask for when you ordered it ? (i'm going to assume they won't understand me when i ask for a windscreen for a Nissan Pulsar GTI-R !!!).

Cheers,
Daz

·
Registered
6,129 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Good thinking Jason, but i'd like a new one.

So, i got in touch with Adrian Flux this morning who sent my details through to my nearest National Windscreens. Gave em the chassis number and the colour i wanted, and they are coming out tomorrow to do it outside the office.

Then it's off to the bodyshop to have the sunroof sorted once and for all.

Sorted ! :smokin:
Daz

·
Registered
6,129 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Cheers Jason ! Me too !!

Just glad they can sort it so quickly. Only thing i'm losing is the blue strip that's at the top of the screen. I don't want one of the usual sunstrips as they aren't for me (although SteveC's i always liked !). I am wondering if i can find some blue film that i could put at the top of the screen. The screen that's on there now has a blue tint at the very top...which i like the look of. Unfortunately, they didn't have one available to fit as quick as the bronze tint with no sunstrip.

Only gotta paya £50 contribution as the insurance picks the rest up, and i believe it doesn't affect the no claims. My premium is going up £50 though as i declared a stack more mods today (mumble, mumble !).

Cheers,
Daz

·
Registered
7,274 Posts
Find your local high quality window tinters (Pentagon or similar) they may have a film that runs from one colour to another which would be suitable for a sunstrip.

I recall seeing a car in one of the mags, where the windows were black tinted at he bottom, sort of fading to mirro at the top.

Looked a bit tacky, but would make for good sunstrip :D

·
Registered
6,129 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Good Idea

Cheers again Jason, i hadn't thought of that !

I was going to ask the fella tomorrow if he had any ideas, but a bit of window tinting just at the top of the screen would do the job.

Nice one.
Daz

·
Registered
152 Posts
GTI-R Windscreen

I replaced the screen in my R just before I sold it, all I did was go down to RAC windscreens, who are my insurance companies recommened screen contractor, they just checked the colour type and fit, the screen arrived within 3 days and got fitted for £50.

Job done no issue.

Mark.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts