GTR Forum banner

1 - 20 of 21 Posts

·
Registered
2,766 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
After a few sideways moments, i am thinking about getting a new set of wheels and putting bridgestones on for winter/wet weather and keeping the dunlops for summer use ( 2 week in May i think it is next year)

What aftermarket wheels represent good value for money without affecting the handling/suspension?

Ta in advance.

·
Registered
180 Posts
Went for the Blizzaks on a new set of OEM rims.

We get real winters in Munich so was a necessity.

In the UK, on my previous cars (MR2 / RX-8) I've always gotten by with Bridgestone Potenzas but they can be quite skittish in the cold.

·
Registered
105 Posts
You apparently can't get Blizzaks anywher in Europe, completely sold out, except the rears which obviously makes no sense. I guess Bridgestone f****d up BIG time. You can get them from Tirerack in the US they told me they ship them in 6 days to the EU.

Other option is the Pirellis Sottozero Serie II but they aren't Runflat!
I have no other option left but those, because it starts getting cold here, but even those are apparently in short supply:chairshot

Cheers

·
Registered
968 Posts
Think I will order Enkei wheels from tirerack with either blizzaks or with Dunlop all season tires. I heard Nissan rejected the Dunlop but we all know they are a tad anal.

·
Registered
2,766 Posts
Discussion Starter #10

·
Registered
968 Posts
Havent had the time yet but sure a USA car part importer will be able to get them over cheap.

·
Registered
968 Posts
3850 $ for 4 wheels + blizzaks + 4 tpmc sensors. Add some vat and transport costs and you are still way under the silly prices our hpc's quote. 10 K Euro for 4 oem rims + the blizzaks (which aint available in europe anymore!!!:chairshot

·
Registered
32 Posts
Instead of changing wheels and tyres im thinking of buying a winter car, something of ebay rear wheel drive for about £1500. Why let winter be boring!!!

·
Registered
95 Posts
Not available anywhere anymore through Bridgestone Europe. Unless someone has a set stashed somewhere. We are Bridgestone dealer in Poland and we bough last two sets that were available, there were quite a few HPC orders that could not be fullfilled from what I know. The only place I found them is Japan (no problem,lots of stock), but the prices are absolutely crazy. So I expect this website would tell you no stock if you asked, but you'd have to find out.

·
Registered
968 Posts
There is 10 more sets on the way to Europe which are all backorders. That's it for this year. There are also some Dunlop non runflats available in correct size which nissan obviously does not approve on!

·
Registered
938 Posts
Instead of changing wheels and tyres im thinking of buying a winter car, something of ebay rear wheel drive for about £1500. Why let winter be boring!!!
lol you could get a nice old bmw 7 series for that. not brilliant in the snow though but my old 1996 740 (4.4 V8) has done 276,000 miles. Engine and gearbox are like new. ABS, traction control, and cruise control still work and I don't need to add a drop of oil between (Mobil 1) changes. Not for sale though as much too good to sell but there's a lot of nice stuff out there for reasonable prices

·
Registered
968 Posts
Just got a quote from tirerack for the enkei's + blizzaks for 4245 USD including transport and handling.

Wheels are only available end December but tires on stock. Add some VAT on this and you still have the rims almost for free vs European tire prices!

·
Registered
26 Posts
HPC Hannover had a set of Blizzaks on non OEM wheels for €5,550 inc MWSt in their showroom on Monday.

Wheels were black multi (10 or so) spokes with a silver rim. Looked okay.

I have gone for the alternative winter car option - too much salt and crap on the roads that will damage my pride and joy.

Having said that it is still almost tropical here (Hannover area) - 10 degrees C today.:D

·
Registered
2,729 Posts
Guys,

I havent noticed the GT-R stock tyres being any more of a problem in the wet and the cold (good old Blighty) than any other tyre I've had on any of my other cars. I've got an old GTO Twin turbo with Falken somethings on it, and a Volvo (so doesn't matter whats on it).

Does this mean I drive like a girl?

:)

1 - 20 of 21 Posts