GTR Forum banner

wiring fault with oil pressure gauge? any help appreciated

628 views 2 replies 2 participants last post by  msingh 
#1 ·
Hi

I changed my factory oil pressure sender today(r32 gtr) for brand new nissan one as i was getting the usual odd reading. I assumed this was due to the sender, i was wrong!

After i changed it all seemed well then after a while it started behaving like the other one giving no reading or very low then all of a sudden springing back to life and then one min later odd again. I had the oil pressure checked using a external gauge and its fine but i was wondering whether other than the usual sender issues they suffer from is there any obvious electrical problems that are common i.e breaks in wires or earthing etc or maybe even the gauge in the speedo binnacle section?
I have pretty much eliminated the sender being faulty but would like to hear if anyone else has had the same issue

thanks in advance for any help

#3 ·
Ah thanks what was the problem with yours, I have bought three senders like an idiot without checking that..
Would really appreciate how you rectified it?.... was it just a case of cleaning the connector?

Thanks in advance for your help r32combat!

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.