GTR Forum banner

41 - 60 of 88 Posts

·
Registered
2,126 Posts
This genuinely sucks. I don't know him personally, but I just remember he made the thread wishing everyone a safe New Years and seemed to be looking forward to the new year. Seemed like a very nice guy.
That's right G, sad isn't it. :(

It just shows the reality of life, you just don't know whats around the corner, when your time is written, nothing anybody can do, a reality that we all shall face one day. I pray God Almighty protects us, and takes our souls whilst in a state of prayer.

·
Registered
117 Posts
That's right G, sad isn't it. :(

It just shows the reality of life, you just don't know whats around the corner, when your time is written, nothing anybody can do, a reality that we all shall face one day. I pray God Almighty protects us, and takes our souls whilst in a state of prayer.
Amen Brother!!!!!

·
Registered
175 Posts
Very shocked to read this terrible news. Rab bought a car from me in 2016 and was as honest and friendly as they come. My condolences go out to Rab’s family. RIP

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

·
Registered
338 Posts
RIP to Takamo. He was a world of help when bought my Gtr.
It is a reminder to us all, to treat every day as if it’s your last.

·
Premium Member
3,733 Posts
Truly horrible news and such an integral part of this forum and the wider community for as long as I can remember posting here.

Always passionate and decent, could have a proper exchange of views without it ever being anything other than a discussion.

Always happy to help, advise and PM on all manner of interesting, obscure and fascinating facts for no gain to himself other than being a lover of the brand and the cars.

Will be a bloody sad miss. I am certain all the thoughts of all GT-R community across the board and wider car lovers are with the family.

·
Registered
324 Posts
Thank you guys for your kind words. To say I feel broken is a understatement, my dad was my best friend we have been threw literally everything together. I'm glad to see he left a good impression in people's heart. I will be carrying on my fathers legacy we spent the last 20 years working together (yes I am 30 myself) we have come so far I can't let him down.

Thank you for all your kind words
Farooq

·
Administrator
31,759 Posts
Thank you guys for your kind words. To say I feel broken is a understatement, my dad was my best friend we have been threw literally everything together. I'm glad to see he left a good impression in people's heart. I will be carrying on my fathers legacy we spent the last 20 years working together (yes I am 30 myself) we have come so far I can't let him down.

Farooq
Hey Farooq
Like so many others we are stunned and saddened by your loss. If there is anything the GTR comminity can do at this time please let us know.
You and your family are in our thoughts

Mike

·
Registered
626 Posts

Farooq
Keep safe and I hope in time you will get over this sad time, John

·
Registered
54 Posts
Shocked by this. Rab was always a regular poster on this site and always so helpful to everyone. I didnt know him but you could just tell what a genuinely nice person he was.

My thoughts go out to his family.

·
Registered
2,426 Posts
R.I.P. Rab (Takamo). My thoughts and condolences go to Farooq (TEAM_KHAN) and the rest of your family, and friends and colleagues.

I think that the comments on this thread show how much Rab meant to people in the GT-R community. Such a lovely guy; kind and helpful. He was loved and will always be loved and remembered.

·
Registered
228 Posts
I’m floored by this; absolutely gutted tbh...I even whatsappd Rab this morning. He was a lovely bloke; had time in abundance for you whether friend or not. He and Farooq have worked on all of my cars, and had infinite patience no matter how much I questioned.
RIP Rab, you will be sorely missed by all that were lucky enough to know you. X

·
Premium Member
222 Posts
I'm shocked, truly shocked. Rab fitted my GHOST, he even gave me half his lunch and an ice cream.

When I was having issues flashing the ECU for 4.25 he talked through the solution. Never a nicer guy.

·
Premium Member
197 Posts
Wow just seen this!

RIP Rab. Such a helpful guy, was intrested in helping me find a buyer for my R33 before i went into the R34. Seemed a really decent guy. Thoughts with all his family😔

·
Registered
155 Posts

Farooq
Farooq - I am in total shock! I honestly can’t believe it.

From the depth of my heart, I am so saddened at yours and your family’s loss. My thoughts are with you all.

Most will not know but I bought Rab’s LM20 from him last year and during that day Rab, Farooq and their family welcomed me (and my manager who took me down) into their home. They very kindly made us lunch and made us feel very welcome.

I feel absolutely gutted and will think of him every time I get in the car. I have looked after the car very well and will continue to do so in his honour.

Please pass on my sincerest condolences to your family and trust me, he will never be forgotten

... and I was only going to call him the other day to ask for some advice updating the dashcam. I could kick myself now for not doing so. It would have been a great opportunity to catch up having not spoken for a while.

41 - 60 of 88 Posts