GTR Forum banner

61 - 80 of 88 Posts

·
Registered
175 Posts
I don't post on here much & I'm not really a newbie but I feel compelled to post my respect to obviously a very well liked guy

I feel I know some of you indirectly for the way some post your threads

But to loose such a respected member in a blink of an eye

My heart goes out to his son, family and his friends

·
Registered
2013 Litchfield Stage 2 R35 GTR
117 Posts
Previously I just said RIP as having only been on this forum a matter of a few days I wasn’t that knowledgeable on users.

That said I have gone back to the limited posts I have made already asking for advice & I noticed one constant...Takamo replying to almost everything offering his wealth of knowledge!

There are few people in this world that will always go out of their way to help others. Rab is one of those.

God bless you man & thanks for the help you’ve already given me. My condolences to his surviving family

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

·
Registered
25 Posts
Very sad news. He seemed like such a lovey guy and always forthcoming with great advice. One of the good ones sadly gone too soon. Rest easy my friend. Thought and prayers to his family at this harrowing time.

·
Registered
1,922 Posts
Heart breaking to hear this,

lost for words.....

always had a smile on his face when i saw him at Santapod.

Inna lillahi waina ilayhi rajiun.

·
Administrator
31,759 Posts
In such sad times as these, it is possible for some good to come from the tragedy. As a collective this forum has an opportunity to pull together and recognise Rabs legacy.

I wonder therefore if someone close to the family would be willing to ask Farooq or his kin if there is an organisation, charity or group we can support in his memory.
Perhaps the emergency services on the day (Air ambulance?)

Then we can set up a fund to acknowledge his memory.

Please let me know

Mike

·
Registered
25 Posts
Thank you guys for your kind words. To say I feel broken is a understatement, my dad was my best friend we have been threw literally everything together. I'm glad to see he left a good impression in people's heart. I will be carrying on my fathers legacy we spent the last 20 years working together (yes I am 30 myself) we have come so far I can't let him down.

Thank you for all your kind words
Farooq
إِنَّا لِلَّٰهِ وَإِنَّا إِلَيْهِ رَاجِعُونَ

I am so sorry for your loss. Prayers to you and your family from the bottom of my heart brother

·
Registered
314 Posts
In such sad times as these, it is possible for some good to come from the tragedy. As a collective this forum has an opportunity to pull together and recognise Rabs legacy.

I wonder therefore if someone close to the family would be willing to ask Farooq or his kin if there is an organisation, charity or group we can support in his memory.
Perhaps the emergency services on the day (Air ambulance?)

Then we can set up a fund to acknowledge his memory.

Please let me know

Mike
Hi Mike,

I've messaged Farooq and hopefully he'll get back to you when he has time.

Ian

·
Registered
324 Posts
It's absolutely beautiful that my dad meant to such to so many people I would love to do something in my fathers memory. Besty you are an amazing individual it's a lovely idea I will speak with mook and we will get something together once my dad's funeral is done, if you have an idea please let me know I can't think at the moment

·
Registered
21 Posts
Just seen this, so so sad. met him once to my alarm. We have also talked orange GTRs. He is the only chap I would have bought a car from without seeing it and parted with my cash before picking it up which speaks volumes about his honesty and integrity. It is not a fair world. RIP

·
Administrator
31,759 Posts
It's absolutely beautiful that my dad meant to such to so many people I would love to do something in my fathers memory. Besty you are an amazing individual it's a lovely idea I will speak with mook and we will get something together once my dad's funeral is done, if you have an idea please let me know I can't think at the moment
Hi Farooq,
I saw you tried to call, please focus on your family at this time. When you are ready we can discuss some ideas. There's no rush, your dad was a big part of this site and honouring him is something that can happen when the time is right.

Stay strong, stay well and hopefully some of the love in this thread can keep you going.

Mike

·
Registered
2,467 Posts
Not feeling to well today and haven’t over the past few days, so not my spritely self, but this news has shook me to the core☹

My deepest condolences to you Farooq and to your family.

Inna lillahi wa inna ellahi rajioon

This is too close to home. Known Rab for a long time, shared passion of all things GTR and sound systems, all his family infact!

Spoke to Tarik and ‘P’ your cousins yesterday and day before.

Rab was always upbeat character, can honestly say I have never seen him angry, upset etc just a straightforward confident glass half full kind of guy, truly inspirational when l needed it most.

Helped me immensely when l bought my one and only r34 Gtr and was was always on hand with his mechanic should l have needed it in the early days.

Remember Rab when l first met him as a teenager when he and family used to frequent our place of business of yesteryear, he was more into car sound systems back then, WOW, now that’s along time ago☹

Trulely saddened.

Inna lillahi wa inna ellahi rajioon

·
Registered
458 Posts
This is such sad news.

I was lucky enough to meet Rab at his business to install a tracker. He noticed another issue with my car which he set about fixing using a friends ramp so I could make my way home the same day. He was a true gent and I hope he rests in peace.

My thoughts are with his family at this difficult time

·
Registered
45 Posts
Shocked to hear this, such sad news. I never met Rab myself, but he was always quick to answer questions on the forums and give lots of great advice. My thoughts go out to his family and friends. RIP.

·
Registered
27 Posts
Truly shocking and sad news.
Rab only recently provided invaluable advice to me regarding the Ghost alarm on my car, all given freely to somebody he'd never met.
A great loss, I hope his family are holding up as best they can.

·
Premium Member
331 Posts
Echo all the comments so far on this, I never personally knew Rab, but having browsed the forum for a number of years and seen him commenting on threads (Some of my own) his good nature really came across. He was very clearly a true gent that would take the time to help anyone; The forum and community will be a lesser place without him. Very sad news and my condolences to Farooq and his family. RIP

61 - 80 of 88 Posts