GTR Forum banner

81 - 88 of 88 Posts

·
Registered
105 Posts
Discussion Starter #81
I haven't shared what or where I was at the time.

I was actually travelling that day on the M1 southbound. When the M1 suddenly shut down and we were diverted on to the A22.

Not long after I got a call from Birmingham, telling me what had happened. I couldn't believe it, I was unable to process it. I immediately felt saddened of what I heard about Rab.

But I was literally 20-30 mins behind but on the opposite side of the M1.

As an elder I looked up to him and on a few occasions took his advise on general matters.

H

·
R35 Section manager
11,052 Posts
Yes its hard to process and made worse by not really knowing what happened.
I know how much he wanted an R8 so to end this way seems so wrong.

Certainly the forum seems much quieter without his input

·
Registered
314 Posts
I haven't shared what or where I was at the time.

I was actually travelling that day on the M1 southbound. When the M1 suddenly shut down and we were diverted on to the A22.

Not long after I got a call from Birmingham, telling me what had happened. I couldn't believe it, I was unable to process it. I immediately felt saddened of what I heard about Rab.

But I was literally 20-30 mins behind but on the opposite side of the M1.

As an elder I looked up to him and on a few occasions took his advise on general matters.

H
These are difficult times but the news about Rab was terrible. He so loved his cars which makes this all the more tragic.

·
Registered
1 Posts
Thank you guys for your kind words. To say I feel broken is a understatement, my dad was my best friend we have been threw literally everything together. I'm glad to see he left a good impression in people's heart. I will be carrying on my fathers legacy we spent the last 20 years working together (yes I am 30 myself) we have come so far I can't let him down.

Thank you for all your kind words
Farooq
Farooq, my thoughts are with you and your family at this sad, sad, time, I messaged your dad when he advertised his gtr for sale at the end of last year, due to living in the Isle of Man and COVID it became too difficult logistically to buy the car , BUT , in doing my research I looked at many of his posts on here and came to the conclusion that he was a VERY genuine and honest person and would have had no issue buying his gtr unseen, (just the transportation to the Isle of Man that prevented it) , I was shocked and saddened when I saw the news , again my thoughts are with you and I hope Rab rests in peace, a true gent from what I have read

·
Registered
512 Posts
Inna lillah hi wa inna ilayhi rajioon. Really sad to hear about this. Farook hope you and family are all Ok at this difficult time. Remember to give charity on his behalf.

81 - 88 of 88 Posts