GTR Forum banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
549 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi guys

Have noticed that when driving my R32 GTR i am getting a wobbling through the steering at about 60 MPH, the tyres are quite new so i wouldnt think it would be balancing,

also the wobbling goes away when i slightly turn the steering wheel

any ideas??

trackrod ends maybe?

·
Registered
8,804 Posts
possibly, but for me fresh alignments always sorted out any wobbles or judders ony R32, might want to give that a shot first?

·
R35 Section manager
11,050 Posts
Get some wheel weights on them first of all-via a tyre bay

·
Registered
549 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
ok thanks guys, ive noticed that the inside of the tyres on the VERY inside edge is wearing so it could be tracking & balancing i suppose

cheers

JIM

·
Registered
1,438 Posts
I had this wobble on my S14. i changed a lot of the suspension parts and got the wheels balanced as well. Even found out that one fo the front whels had a slight buckle on it and I changed that as well. In the end it was missing spigot rings for the rear wheels!!:rolleyes:

·
Registered
731 Posts
I had a wheel wobble on mine. I took it to two different tyre places for balancing as I was convinced it was that and it didn't help. I then went to a third place and oh boy I could not believe my eyes. Both previous places had totally messed up the balancing, put the wrong weights in wrong places. The tech told me that a tyre balancing machine needs to be properly calibrated, something that the national tyres and kwik fit armada never do.

Wobble was instantly cured after the proper balancing.

·
Registered
4,586 Posts
Dodgy ol Hicas?

·
Registered
2,304 Posts
I had the same symptoms - Steering wheel wobble at 60 that disappeared at 75 - 80. The cure was a set of spigot rings and a wheel balance.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts