GTR Forum banner

1 - 20 of 34 Posts

·
Registered
3,180 Posts
Priced about right I'd say, it's got nearly 50k on the clock and now it's destroyed the block it's gonna cost north of £15k to fix making it just about on the money but it will be forged

·
Registered
66 Posts
Not bad price if you are planning a big build anyway with engine mods. Wonder what happened and if it was abused or just unlucky.

·
Registered
3,180 Posts
That car was loved and never asked for anything by the previous owner, the guy selling it has had the car for around about 18months so I'd put that down to pure abuse by the new owner!

·
Registered
66 Posts
That car was loved and never asked for anything by the previous owner, the guy selling it has had the car for around about 18months so I'd put that down to pure abuse by the new owner!
That's a shame. Sorry to see, feel bad for the previous owner!

·
Registered
3,180 Posts
It's about 8-9k for a forge build, if that has spat a rod through the block it's another 3-4K for a block, then a shit tonne of ancillaries that bite it at the same time, then you'll probably add few little odds and sods to make it worth the build

·
Premium Member
5,910 Posts
That makes sense I guess, how much for just a complete standard engine out of a wrecker though?

·
Registered
3,180 Posts
If it's 8-9k for a forge build on a good engine I would think it would cost around 12k+ depending on the damage done when it let go, even if the rods managed to stay in the block there's nothing to say it hasn't ****ed the bores or even destroyed the crank, the energy has to go somewhere and if it's not leaving the block exit stage right then it's gone elsewhere

·
Premium Member
527 Posts
Seems cheap, even for one with a broken engine.
Err what?

Drop the price to 20-25k depending on what else is knackered and yea...

Given the owner isn't fixing it, that would strongly suggest this car has been abused to hell and back and they're trying to dump it before other issues creep in.

·
Registered
1,920 Posts
Its the luck of the draw with stage 4 and above the mileage is getting quite high on that one , seems to have good service history as well, its not unusual for a engine to let go now days , guessing there will be plenty more as the mileages creep up, those bent rods will start snapping

Maybe the owner can not afford to fix it , just cutting their losses , i would say £25k would be a fair price, you would not want the hassle of fixing it without being worth your while

·
Premium Member
7,635 Posts
It's a gamble given you'd need to forge the engine before being to drive it and check that there arent any other issues that need resolving.

It'd be too easy to just think it's an engine build but then find some trans issues that might add another couple grand onto it.

£32k is hopeful and I feel sad for the owner.

Real ****ing shame.

·
Registered
3,180 Posts
The lad has only had it about 18months tops so he probably can't afford to fix it, probably still got the loan payments for it etc. Think it sold for around 46-47k

1 - 20 of 34 Posts