GTR Forum banner

1 - 20 of 245 Posts

·
Registered
6,560 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
We believe this is the largest capacity RB ever built, a genuine 3315cc based on a RB30 with a slight bore increase and the rest made up of extra stroke.

The enigne is being built for a customer who wants a 1 of a kind with huge torque and drivability, it will have a custom RIPS 4wd RB30 block with CNC billet mains and the strongest bottom end kit we do (over 60 fastners in the bottom end alone) custom billit crankshaft, custom billet rods, custom pistons, hand made RIPS stainless exhaust manifolds, twin 3037s, twin 48mm wastegates, 1400cc injectors, custom RIPS intake plenim, 90mm billet throttle body, extensive headwork starting with a brand new head with all new Tomei components.

We are looking for a real torquie, drivable, 900-1000hp/8000-8500rpm at around 1.8 bar for a street GTR.

Every single ring is gapped by hand to within 0.00025"

CNC billet main caps

Block after many hours of preperation ready to begin assembly

I'll update more as it all comes together

Rob

·
Registered
439 Posts
Look Rob if you want us to drive up to Rotorua simple invite us.
No need to bait us with wanting to have a look at this sort of thing ;-)

I personally would not go more than 2.8 but this shold be an intersting thread as usual. Thanks for sharing.

·
Registered
6,560 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·

·
Registered
852 Posts
Can't wait to see the outcome of this!

Is the car also at the shop or are you doing the block + accessories and then send it out?

·
Registered
4,410 Posts
This thing will be a torque monster. I can't wait to see the figures!

·
Registered
4,429 Posts
A guy down the road from me makes the cranks for those v8 engines made from 2 motorcycle motors.
2 1000cc kwacker enginers I think, they also make the cases from billet ..
Pretty cool stuff.
RB33 be pretty cool ...
:)

·
Registered
66 Posts
mOnStEr

:flame: This thread is sounding like a absolute monster. I think this has to be one of the more interesting threads ive come across. I have seen this done with 2jz motors (Rayglass and GasMS Silly-cars). This car will be the tyre mans best friend. Interesting to see how long a set will last with a heavy foot.

·
Registered
3,352 Posts
This will be an absolute monster. I can imagine a lot of people going for this, extra displacement will get the 3037s spooling quicker which is going to be needed for a road car. At what sort of RPM do you, or are you, expecting the 3037s to kick in Rob?? It would be something, if they came on at around 3000rpm??

·
Registered
3,498 Posts
Great idea lets see how it goes.

·
Registered
6,560 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 ·
Can't wait to see the outcome of this!

Is the car also at the shop or are you doing the block + accessories and then send it out?
No the car isn't here unfortunatly, once the complete motor is done it will be shipped out for installation.

Rob

·
Registered
6,560 Posts
Discussion Starter · #16 ·
But you will be testing the motor though Rob,please say yes,I mean you gotta get some miles on the thing.
Sadly no, I won't get a change to drive it which is a real shame, I'd also have loved to do some back to back comparisons with a same spec RB30 to see the differences.

Judging by the massive difference between RB26 and 30, I can only imagine the difference between the 30 and 33 when in both cases its all extra stroke.

I'm also doing a RB33 with a bigger bore rather than extra stroke and later on a RB35-36 with extra bore and stroke so at least I'll get to test them myself.

Rob

1 - 20 of 245 Posts