GTR Forum banner

1 - 20 of 20 Posts

·
Registered
8,804 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I was just wondering...does anyone have any idea what the highest mileage GTR running around is? I had a 1994 Sentra SE-R that pulled over 300,000 miles before I sold it on and I imagine it's still running (the SR20DE is a durable little bugger) and in general I think Nissans are well made cars. I fully plan to get 500,000 more miles out of my R32 (with several engine rebuilds along the way)....expensive, but not more so than buying a new Honda every four years or so, or at least so I figure.

·
Registered
46 Posts
Someone I once knew had a 250,000 mile E30 325 BMW.
Smoked a bit, but the top had never been off, or bottom end rebuilt in any
way!
I wouldn't expect an untouched RB engine to last that long .. but every respect if
it did :)

·
Registered
319 Posts
Al Bags said:
Someone I once knew had a 250,000 mile E30 325 BMW.
Smoked a bit, but the top had never been off, or bottom end rebuilt in any
way!
I wouldn't expect an untouched RB engine to last that long .. but every respect if
it did :)
There are Mercs and beemers all over Paris with 500,000+ miles on the clock being used as Taxi's, they go on for ever. I wouldn't evxpect any NIssan to last anywhere near that long.:)

·
Registered
553 Posts
With GTR's it all depend how it's been driven and maintained,

I've seen 60K miles GTRs on newera with a cold start pressure of 6bar (or whatever the unit is)

But then I sure there are engines tthat haven't lasted 30K due to poor servicing and regular trips to the rev limiter

Sev

·
Registered
3,029 Posts
twinturboch said:
There are Mercs and beemers all over Paris with 500,000+ miles on the clock being used as Taxi's, they go on for ever. I wouldn't evxpect any NIssan to last anywhere near that long.:)
My mate had an old Primera with nearly 400,000 miles on with NO issues whatsoever, in this day and age big mileage is not a problem as long as you do the servicing.

·
Registered
832 Posts
I have a friend who rebuilds the already virtually indestructable 1.6 L vw diesel engine. His words were, " because we experience +30c in the summer and -40c in the winter once I rebuild and engine from one of these 'hardenned' blocks it will last one million miles"............
One million miles in a slow, noisy, bouncy, tight vw rabbit, no fricken thanks....:squintdan

·
Registered
3,554 Posts
GT-R Magazine over here keeps a running list of high KM GTR's. According to this months issue, the highest (they know of) is a BNR32 with 353,229 KM (219,000 miles)

·
Registered
1,636 Posts
Demon Dave said:
GT-R Magazine over here keeps a running list of high KM GTR's. According to this months issue, the highest (they know of) is a BNR32 with 353,229 KM (219,000 miles)
Does it still have the original ceramic turbos though ;)

·
Registered
2,451 Posts
I´ve had 239000 km´s on my probe engine BEFORE I tuned it to almost twice the bhp.
Well...the turbo blew up 23000 km´s later but all in all I´ve done 252000km´s and today I just built in the exchange engine to go some more km´s.

·
Registered
3,554 Posts
polarbearit said:
Does it still have the original ceramic turbos though ;)
Doesn't say, but I also doubt it would be on original turbos also.

This months "high mileage" feature car has done 221,000KM, is 13 years old and briefly has had the following replaced over the years:

intercooler pipework
fog lamp
air compressor
power steering pump
turbo
front drive shaft joint / boot
g-sensor
headlight
power steering hose

:)

not bad for a high performance car that has probably been driven with "enthusiasm" for 13 or so years....

·
Registered
8,804 Posts
Discussion Starter #20
I bought mine with 170K(km) on the odo, and I fully intend to triple that. A lot of new parts going in now to abet that goal.

1 - 20 of 20 Posts