GTR Forum banner

1 - 20 of 104 Posts

·
Registered
3,684 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Some of you may know we have been working hard the last 12 months developing & testing a number of prototype Titanium exhausts for the R35 with the aim of releasing a production model under the GTC brand. We decided there was a need to produce and supply a Super High quality Titanium exhaust and better value than the versions from ARC / Amuse (circa £3,500) and designed and tested specifically on the European spec R35.

We imported a large number of Titanium performance exhausts for our clients from Amuse (GTC is official European distributor), Sunline Racing (GTC official euro dist), HKS Kansai (gtc...), and others so we know the good stuff. Amuse is considered the best Titanium exhaust in the world, and we agree the Titanium is super high quality, world class welds but i question the design, it is too similar to OEM exhaust IMO.

The Titanium for the GTC Titan is 100% Japanese high grade, simply put it’s the best in the world in our opinion. All best Japanese tuners such as Amuse buy their Titanium and made by Nippon Steel Corp.

Why Titanium ?

1. It’s very strong - as strong as Steel
2. Light weight - Specific gravity is 4.51, 60% of that of steel
3. Corrosion resistance (will not rust) - Exceptional seawater corrosion resistance — the optimum material for equipment and parts exposed to seawater / salty roads
4. High Formability - Formability is better to that of steel
5. Non magnetism - Never becomes magnetized
6. Sound from high flow gas – Sound at high rev down shift can not be rivalled by steel
7. Appearance – Titanium welds and exposure to heat colour can not be rivalled by Steel
8. Rare and exclusive – only a few places in World can do the process of Titanium. The best Titanium in the world comes from Japan, Nippon Steel.

So now some people may have a better idea why GTC Titan is more expensive than the other steel version, the two can not be compared the difference is night and day. One is job mass made and the other takes 4 weeks to make.

Before we allow any of our new GTC Titan exhaust to be shipped out we wanted to do as much testing as possible on dyno, on road, on track in as many conditions as possible

We also removed the exhaust every few weeks to inspect, now up to near 4 month point. Still high quality and very happy with sound and performance, really opens up after a few 100 miles

As seen b4 OEM exhaust, removed after only 300 miles / 1 month of use !

Look at the flow on the R35 OEM exhaust. Just imagine high flow exhaust gas smashing the circled areas. This exhaust sound is 88db. Now in all honestly how can you call this Godzilla ?

Fitting GTC Titan ‘Street Performer’

Designed, Developed and tested in conjunction with World Series/A1GP/F1 Williams test driver, World series Fairuz Fauzy

2 Month Inspection

Still super high quality. Notice natural ti burn appearing. Goes without saying 0% rust, cracks or any issues :)

Our final design Y-pipe is being tweeked will be slightly different, lighter and more flow effective ! ;)

We have now tested out our own 6 different Y-pipe design

What can i say we're not Mine$ we won't bang out the first thing we can think of i.e near exact same as oem with mild weight saving and mild sound improvements.

Road testing a second design Y-pipe. Our plan is to offer a selection of different pipe options

Mmmm Enkei's. Yup i know Cooper Tires slightly too low profile & needs suspension ;)

Putting the finally nail, if there was any space left in my official Nissan warranty haha. Castrol Edge 10W60

Testing euro accessPORT and exhaust parts on the dyno

Testing on oval, on track and 3/4 mile strip straight

Vids available on www.youtube.com/teamgtc

Note the good guys own their own 35's and r&d on their own cars, they don't use their clients cars

We are planning to release 3 different GTC Titan set ups

GTC Titan Silent 92db 10kg
GTC Titan Street Performer 98db 6.6kg
GTC Titan Race edition 100db + 3.5inch with even smaller resonators. Under 6kg. This will be what Godzilla sounds like !

The first few lucky guys will be getting their GTC Titan Street performer in 4 weeks time.

Cheers Benji

·
Registered
211 Posts
Ben, don't show us the pics... lets send me the BOX :)) I want it soooo much, can't sleep can't eat when You show me pics :)

it's like when i see fantastic girl at party where I'm with my GF lol :)

·
Premium Member
7,640 Posts
Oh my... sweet Mary, Joesph and baby Jesus.... we are not worthy :bowdown1:

I'm off to rob a bank... :chuckle:
Need a driver?

Got a nice fast car......... :chuckle:

·
Registered
2,154 Posts
Andy

Any feedback on the Cobb Stage 2 now you have had it installed for a couple of weeks??

Feel free to PM so as not to hijack thread away from these sexy exhausts!

D

·
Premium Member
7,640 Posts
Andy

Any feedback on the Cobb Stage 2 now you have had it installed for a couple of weeks??

Feel free to PM so as not to hijack thread away from these sexy exhausts!

D
Stonkingly fast my friend!

Getting some data logs together for Ben to check over but not had any issues thus far. In the wet I get wheelspin in all gears, any speed, with over use of throttle! Ace!

·
Premium Member
1,370 Posts
Zorst mania

And I.......But I would LOVE to HEAR it purr too!:)
YouTube - teamgtc's Channel

Nick, It's all here to hear: drive-off, in-car, drive-by and titan ex static; listen and weep for mercy ! :bawling::thumbsup:

Ben, I am seriously going to end up blowing a stack of cash with GTC. My wish list so far is:
  • GTC Titan Street Performer
  • GTC Titan Y-Pipe matched to Street Performer
  • GTC Light Kit
  • Stage I Cobb AccessPort
  • Huge Wing !!!! LOL. How about some multi-ele action?
Whatever next... ? :squintdan :smokin:

·
Registered
3,684 Posts
Discussion Starter · #16 ·
Thanks Aero. tbh as you can imagine youtube doesn't do sound justice, maybe it can even de-value a quality product / sound. Its differcult to replicate to the human ear the sound of down blip at high rev with titanium.

Will have all the goodies on our demo car shortly for promo so everyone can see in the flesh. These things take time tho.

Sounds good aero, we will defo look after guys who take complete GTC packages and run a couple classy decals :p

I'm going to hold off posting the race editon Titan, going to get some better pics taken, on car and maybe some studio pics etc..

·
Premium Member
5,031 Posts
As part of your testing regime, are you going to take your demo car to some noise-sensitive tracks, e.g. Bedford Autodrome, Donington, Castle Combe etc to see what the actual drive-by noise levels are?

Static measurements are meaningless as GT-Rs don't really make any noise until they're under boost.

The last thing you want I'm sure is a load of enthusiastic customers getting thrown off circuits having ordered the wrong exhaust!

·
Registered
3,684 Posts
Discussion Starter · #18 ·
Dave its the small things which count eh ? you wouldn't see Amuse, Mines or HKS doing testing at Bedford aero (10 mins from me :p ), Silverstone etc..etc.. most jap brands don't even list sound db. I know exactly what Bedford is like and will be able to offer a suitable option.

Production GTC Titan is around 8 weeks away

Until recently it was in Alfa stage (1 custom prototype model release just for our car tests 5 months now)

Now entered phase 2 Beta stage (a few units released on select special 35's).

Titan models will be sold in very limited numbers to ensure exclusivity, and they just take too long to make.

·
Registered
968 Posts
Would the ti catback pipe fit on another brand midpipe?

·
Registered
3,684 Posts
Discussion Starter · #20 ·
HPC Nobles

Today High Performance GT-R Nissan dealer Nobles in Scotland fitted GTC Titan Street performer to a special project R35

Nobles are an approved supplier and fitting centre for GTC power packs

This 35 was also fitted with GTC Turbo outlets and AccessPORT, both installed by Nobles who have recived very specific detailed instructions and support from us.

Next step for this 35 will be datalogging, custom mapping (by us not Nobles) and dyno runs.

This is our new design Y-pipe, so please disregard the one in previous pics (will update website etc..), after lots testing on track, road and dyno this is the design we have run with for Street performer. It also weights less under 4kg! There will be another version for race editon 90mm

6.6 kg !

1 - 20 of 104 Posts