GTR Forum banner

1 - 20 of 137 Posts

·
Registered
6,560 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
Worlds fastest RB??? R.I.P.S build almost complete

We are almost ready to strip the dragster back to the bare frame for sandblasting and powder coating, the first meeting we can go to is in early September so we'll have to pull finger as there's still lots to do.

The engine is exactly as it came out of the world record holding RIPS 240z:
YouTube - RIPS 240z 7.86 177.4 Worlds quickest and fastest 240z and RB30

We'll be starting off gently in the highly competitive Competition dragster class in NZ where there are some very low 6 (almost 5 second), 230+ mph cars to race against.
Due to the size of our engine (180 cubic inch) initially, we'll have some start line time advantages which will get less during the year as we improve.

The goal for the first year is to run very low 7s (enough to claim the fastest RB in the world off the HKS 180sx) possibly do OK in the NZ Competition dragster championship and then move on to 6s and 200mph as our next goal if I'm still in one piece:nervous::nervous:

We know the car will create alot of contrivercy due to its old school look and modern 6 cylinder, some of the old V8 boys will hate it for sure, but some of them are already being very supportive, possibly because they see us as no threat, that might change if we do well at the track though, time will tell.................

This is how it was last time it raced with a blown alky big block, 6.6 @ 202mph:

Rob

·
Registered
1,678 Posts
Looks good Rob. Be interesting to see what she pulls first pass. Hopefully you can give it to the V8 boys :)

·
Registered
856 Posts
the first meeting we can go to is in early September so we'll have to pull finger as there's still lots to do.

Eh? today is the 4th of October?

·
Registered
2,515 Posts

That thing just looks scary mate :nervous: Why don't you have done with it and strap yourself to a missile or something :p:p

·
Registered
6,560 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
the first meeting we can go to is in early September so we'll have to pull finger as there's still lots to do.

Eh? today is the 4th of October?
Sorry, November, as in about 1 month, still lots to do :flame::flame::flame:

·
Registered
6,560 Posts
Discussion Starter #12

·
Registered
52 Posts
hey rob q16 all the way after seeing your results on that awesome blue r34 we changed from c16 to q16 about 3 weeks ago it was the only change on back to back dyno runs......had to increase fuel pressure as you need more ......but made 5.1% more power at about the 630wkw level it does exactly what vp says :)

as usual i just follow your lead

·
Registered
6,560 Posts
Discussion Starter #16
Well done mate, 630wkw is good going, you'll just have to sort out your suspension etc and you'll be in for one hell of a ride, should be low 9s, maybe even 8s if you can get it to leave real hard.

Did you sort out your clutch? Been back out again?

Rob

·
Registered
44 Posts
nice car mate! i'm sure it will take off like you never did before!

is it also a self designed chassis???
Where are that 2 braidled hoses going the exhaust pipe for??

looking good:thumbsup:

·
Registered
6,560 Posts
Discussion Starter #19
Nice Rob. Real nice. What kind of turbo is that again?
GT45

is it also a self designed chassis???
Where are that 2 braidled hoses going the exhaust pipe for??

looking good:thumbsup:
Its a frame I brought from a guy who ran it with a blown alky V8, there's a pic of it at the start of the thread.

Hoses are to evacuate the catch tank.

Rob

·
Registered
223 Posts
Your running a nitrous system!"?" It looks like a 15lb bottle up front! interested to know what system and spec your running, Ive been playing around with nitrous for a few years now, love the stuff :D Very nice creation you have mated together, definently something new for a change, me likey very much, keep up the excellent work.

1 - 20 of 137 Posts