GTR Forum banner

1 - 20 of 28 Posts

·
Registered
438 Posts
Discussion Starter #2
So according to Motor Trend the Nison does the quarter mile in 11.1 and the 2014 standard GTR does it in 11 flat.

Im a bit surprised by that :eek:

What do you guys think???

·
Vendor
6,329 Posts
Either the driver was Crap or nissan have messed up on the nismo edition and made it slower, Crap take off in my opinion, I've ran a 10.7 in a stage one my11.

·
Registered
330 Posts
Yeah I thought it was a bit slow myself. Stickier tyres, more power and a little bit less weight hasn't resulted in any improvement, strange!

·
Registered
3,298 Posts
Impressive piece of kit the porker. I'd still have the nismo though.

·
Vendor
6,329 Posts
Must be the driver, I don't think it got of the line as it should.
I agree took off like he was going for a Sunday morning drive....the pleb... Should have let you or me behind the wheel... Lol

·
Registered
2,619 Posts
Got to give it to the pork turbo s. Seriously quick out the box and very consistent. Just watch the vid where they do 50 launches in a row. Mental stuff.

·
Registered
438 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
What are the quarter mile times of a stage 1 GTR?

I would of thought that the Nismo should of been quicker.

Also no slight on drivers of tuned cars, but has there ever been a professional driver take a stage 5 on the ring and set a time?

·
Registered
438 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
Yeah seems very strange to me, surely they would of looked at last years times, thought it a bit off that the standard GTR was faster than the nismo?

I think I will chalk it upto another car website to skip...

·
Registered
2,481 Posts
Porsche Turbo S is a hell of a car and I'd be in one of those all day long, if I could afford one. I'm happy enough in my own little R35 world though.

·
Premium Member
5,040 Posts
LOL @ "crap driver" accusations. :chuckle:
Do you think you have to be some sort of driving god to use LC? It was deliberately designed so that any oaf can use it.

Clearly Nismo's ECU is more octane sensitive than Porsche's and maybe the standard Nissan one.

As for the 911 beating it, lighter weight and hanging the engine at the back are bound to make it a great drag car.

·
Registered
3,500 Posts
Lol as above!

Look at that surface!

Can't compare that time on an old broken up runway to a proper drag strip.

The porkers time is blooming impressive..

·
Premium Member
8,019 Posts
The whole idea of drag racing taking great amounts of skill when the car used has Launch Control, then a few flips of a little paddle to change gear while driving in a straight line amuses me.

·
Registered
2,619 Posts
With you on that Rich ; )

There was even a vid where one of the jornos were doing back to back runs off the line in a porker turbo whilst drinking a can of coke lol. Hit the same times very time.

I'm with johnny in that the porker is on the wish list for when funds allow. But then I came from the dark side before the Datsun ; )

·
Registered
76 Posts
No MP4 12C, No 650S, No R8 V10 plus, no 458 Speciale??!??!!?!?

Bit of a rubbish one this year in my opinion.

Its no surprise the Nismo lost. The Turbo S is a awesome car for the money.

Has anyone seen the video where they launch it 50 times in a row.

Different class Im afraid, and they are now in the same price bracket. Madness

·
Registered
76 Posts
The whole idea of drag racing taking great amounts of skill when the car used has Launch Control, then a few flips of a little paddle to change gear while driving in a straight line amuses me.
Indeed.

You dont even have to do the gear changes. Just stick it on auto.

All you have to do is take your foot off the brake pedal, and keep it in a straight line.

1 - 20 of 28 Posts